Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Loan Entries

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm handling the mortgage loans using interest rate instrument the financial entry should be as below:

When receiving the loan:

Dr. Property Investment           100,000

Cr. Mortgage Loan                    100,000

while paying the installment using TBB1:

Dr. Mortgage loan                     50,000

Cr. Bank                                     50,000 

i checked the flow type and update type and  Posting Specifications and the account symbol, but i didn't find a way for the above entry to happened as every time when making the installment repayment it displays the Property investment account not the Bank account.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> Money Market -> Transaction Management -> Update Types -> Assign Flow Types to Update Types (tr. SM30 -> V_ATFTA)

Here for flow types we can find update types that we need

IMG -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Transaction Manager -> General Settings -> Accounting -> Link to Other Accounting Components -> Define Account Determination (tr. SM34 -> TRACX_ACC_DETER)

Here for update types we can find our Posting specs

• Posting spec 11200 is general for all transaction. So if you change something here - all your transactions that use this spec will reflect the changes. So i reccomend you to make a copy of posting spec 11200, for example 11201 "Mortage Loan"

For Posting spec 11201 you have to chagne account symbol 3 "Bank posting in payment currency" to 6 "Other GL posting in position currency" or 7 "Other GL posting in payment currency".

So you'll have your scheme:

When receiving the loan:

Dr. Property Investment           100,000

Cr. Mortgage Loan                    100,000

So Acc. symbol 1 refferes to Mortage Load and 6 (or 7) reffers to Property Investment.

Then i reccomend you to create flow type 1106 (copy of 1105) (tr. SM30 -> V_BWGART5). Assign it to your product type and transactio type (SM30 -> V_ZBEWGRT5) instead 1105 flow. Then create updat type MM1106+ (copy of MM1105+) and assign to usage "1 Transactio type"(tr SM34 -> TRDCV_DFLOWTYPE2). Then Assign Flow Type 1106 to Update Types MM1106+ (SM30 -> V_ATFTA). And then assign update type MM1106+ to posting spec 11201 (SM34 -> TRACX_ACC_DETER)

So every time you create transaction Mortage load, you'll use flow type 1106, which reffers to update type MM1106+, which reffers to posting spec 11201, which have posting scheme you need.

• For posting spec 11100 don't change anythning as it one to one for your posting scheme.

While paying the installment using TBB1:

Dr. Mortgage loan                     50,000

Cr. Bank                                     50,000

So you'll need to specify GL accounts for Account Assignment Reference "Mortage Load" and account symbols:

1 - Mortgage loan

3 - Bank

6(7) - Property Investment

Ahmed_Samir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Grigoriy,

Thanks for your feedback, i exactly did what you recommend yesterday while i was testing and it worked properly.

Regards,

Ahmed Samir

Answers (0)