Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls on Activity Relationships at the time of execution

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client has following concerns regarding Controls over Activity Relationships:

We have created 3 Activities with following relations:

Activity A1 (FS) A3 Activity.

A3 Activity (FS) A2 Activity

According to the relationships, once Activity A1 will finish, Activity A3 should begin and once Activity A3 finishes then Activity A2 should begin.

Business needs controls as follow:

If user starts Activity A2 as soon as Activity A1 finishes then system should prompt (Warning/Error) that according to relationship defined, user should go for releasing Activity A3 instead of Activity A2.

Please guide me how to achieve the needful as it sounds logical to me and i believe system should have any solution on this kind of scenario where we have more then 200 activities under one Project.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

Yes, this is very much possible. In SAP, you will be restricting the release of the activity A2 is A3 is not finished. For this there are multiple options available to do the same.

1, You can use milestones to trigger the release of the next activity. Once the actual date is entered for the milestone, then it will allow the release of the next activity. Refer below link.

Define Milestone Usage in SAP PS

Milestones

Milestone Functions - Structures - SAP Library

2. You can use User exit to obtain the same output, please reach out to your abaper, with your requirement.

CONFPS02: PS confirmation: Customer specific input checks 1

CONFPS03: PS confirmation: Customer specific check after op. selection

CONFPS04: PS confirmation: Customer specific input checks 2

CONFPS05: PS confirmation: Customer specific enhancements when saving

Regards

Terence

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks !

Answers (0)