cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase material through notification in pm order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

If received any notification from  production or other department , that maintenance work is carried only after material received , so how to postponed the maintenance work and how to create PR for material purchasing  through received reference notification

Thanks

R.karthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karhi

There is no possibility to create PR from PM Notification. Please try to use Action Box functionality in PM Notification with a Z function module to create a PR.

Please refer this below discussion/

Service Notification - Action Box functionality... | SCN

Thanks

Regards

Shivaji

gibson_nyarugwe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi

You postpone Work Order by setting User Status (RSCD) Reschedule Order or specifically (AWTP) Awaiting Procurement with MNAV for Material Not Available.

Regards

Gibson

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

We have set up a process with different level of approvals using User Status.

1. Planning

2. Review

3. Approval

With respect to these user status, if the materials are planned but it was not received, then you can have user status as planning. I have made the setting in the users status, not to release the order unless it attains the status Approval.

So this is one of the way you can postponed the work, even you can have status post poned in the order.

PR/PO cannot be created against notification, since notification plays just as a information received from production users. If you want materials not via work order, then you need to procure manually via ME51N - ME21N - MIGO

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir

Thanks for your feed back .please explain if not create any purchase request in  notification stage

Thanks

R.karthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

First thing, You will have to create the Order for Material Planning.

Secondly, Allow Purchase Requisition create at creation of Order/Not at release.

Release the Order as and when required. Released is considered as start of Order.

Thanks,

Sanjay

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not do PR/PO activities through Notification. You have to create an Order. When in Order you specify 'N' for Item Category, you'll be taken to PR creating details screen.

• So there is no link between the Notification and the PR.
  • As far as postponing the work is concerned, you'll start he execution of Order only after the material is received. You can tentatively give the Basic Start/End dates as per the lead time of the material.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir

Thank you for your feed back but In my concern we create order for after completion of maintenance work only except wcm that time how to purchase material.

Thanks

R.karthi