cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific report schedule as EMAIL and FTP fails everytime but Schedule to Inbox and webi report refresh is fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I schedule a specific webi report to an FTP location or by Email it fails. But when i run the report, the webi runs under 1 minute, returns some 75,000 rows and 37 columns. Also when I schedule it to BI Inbox it works fine.

File details:

around 76000 rows and 37 columns.

Size is 40 MB

I ruled out the following issues:

1. No network issues. I can ping the FTP location fine from the servers.

2. No outages and all services are running fine.

3. Scheduled a couple other reports as EMAIL and FTP and they succeed fine.

4. This specific report runs fine when executed and runs in under 1 minute.

My BOBJ env: BOBJ 4.1 SP4, CMS: oracle, O/S: Linux REDHAT Enterprise.its a cluster.

Issue repetition is exactly the same on any server. for example on both nodes, the issue is the same.

Can anyone help out on zeroing in on what exactly can be the issue here?

Thanks,

Tsar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect that the file is too big to email - most email servers will send a max of @5MB for attachments.  I'm not sure what the FTP issue might be.

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the properties for the Web Intelligence Processing Server.  Specifically look for the "Web Intelligence Common Service" which has two properties you may need to tweak - Maximum Character Stream Size (MB) and Binary Maximum Stream Size (MB).  Depending on the output format you're using, you'll probably have to increase one or the other of these numbers to get the schedule to work.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the settings on the all webi processing servers:

Maximum Character Stream Size (MB): 100 MB

Binary Stream Maximum Size (MB): 150 MB

Any other pointers we can check?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you configure the schedule using AJS default settings or did you enter the path manually on the schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We know the FTP location path and everything is correct because this report has been running fine from last 1 year. Not sure whats wrong today though.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is just happened today or one time, i suggest to rerun the report again. It may be due to FTP is not avaioble when the report ran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tsar,

Could you please share the error what you have got for the failed Email and FTP destinations?

~Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to furnish the error before.

I get the below error everytime. Please advise.

"deliverResultsToDestination failed"

-tsar