cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost breakup with moving average price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client using moving average price for finished goods and want cost breakup (Like,Raw material cost, packaging cost, overhead cost) for the same. As per SAP standard there is no breakup available with moving average, however is there any way to get the same. We need this breakup for BI report.

Thanks

Sushil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I wouldn't suggest using Moving Avg Price for it, as it can be disastrous, if something goes wrong i.e. Purch Order price drastically changes...then moving avg price can be wildly different from the previous one. Kindly ask them whether they have an issue with the Inventory valuation, whether it drastically changes every month.

I would suggest them implementing std price solution. Then, you will get the cost component breakdown for every material those are in the costing process.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any inputs ?

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Sushil

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil

You can do unit costing method to get breakup because this is a scenario without qty structure.

kamal

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is FG is a manufacturing in-house or ext procured material?

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

We do procurement from market and send the same to sub-contractor for repackaging in salable unit. This is what the business of my client.

Thanks