cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Files for Eclipse Luna on Local Machine

0 Kudos

I use a VDI for UI5 development and have no internet access on the VDI. I need a link, from where from I can download all the files present on SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Luna Software Repository on my local machine.

I will then share these files over the Network to VDI and from there will install the plugins offline.

So please let me know, if this is the best way to do this or anything else can be done in it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The short answer is: There is no such link.

The long version: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna/ is an Eclipse update site intended to be consumed via the standard Eclipse install/update procedure. The way the latter works is that it downloads the required plugins and features to your Eclipse instance and does any necessary configurations in it.

What you could do in the case you described? You could just zip the entire Eclipse folder on your local machine after installing the SAP plugins into it, and copy it to and unzip it on the VDI. This will only work, though, if you're running the same OS platform/arch on both your local machine and the VDI - as there are native parts which are downloaded according to the particular OS platform/arch on which the installation is run and might not match the versions for the other OS if it's different.

HTH!

--Vlado

0 Kudos

Hi Vlado,

Thanks for the reply.

I cant also do that, as my system is running Windows 8 and the VDI is on XP.

What I plan to do is, to install eclipse on a XP installation with all the plugins and then zip it and upload it to my VDI and see, if that works

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, that should work.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to have your dev env in VDI?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ekaterinamitova
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that this is the link you are looking for: SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

Best regards,

Ekaterina

0 Kudos

Hi,

This doesn't have the option, to download the plugin files to local machine. I specifically need that.