cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Developer 11: problem printing pdf (heavy volume click)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Crystal Report Developer 11, and use its dll(s) on our web servers. When we have high-volume of of users clicking a button on our website (such as sending out 2,500 emails with a link to this page) to generate a pdf , I received the following error:

Load report failed. at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at IFT.SitecoreWeb.Sublayouts.ttsltODMembershipInvoiceReport2016.GenerateReport(Boolean isPrint)

NOTE:

1) This report has 13 subreports.

2) The problem was solved by itself the next day (or so) after the volume of clicks reduced.

I did an initial research and saw an SAP document mentioned "75 print job limit". I am wondering if this is the issue we are having? What would be the best solution to solve the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patt

The print job limit may be part of the answer here, but before we go there I'd like the following information:

Exact version of Crystal Reports you are using. Perhaps the best way to get that will be to search for crpe32.dll and let me know the version of that.

Next, what version of VS .NET are you using?

What OS are you running on?

Are you using .close and .dispose on the report objects?

One last note; CR was really not designed for large batch processing and you may have to think about solutions such as the Crystal Reports Server or BI Platform (just an FYI / bridge to cross when we get to it)

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Crystal Reports:  Version: XI 4.0

VS .NET:
Microsoft VS Professional 2012, Version 11.0.61020.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.51209

Computer that runs VS.NET: Window 7 Professional, Service Pack 1
Web server: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Computer that crystal report file is located: Window Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1

Are you using .close and .dispose on the report objects? YES

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, not sure what CR Crystal Reports:  Version: XI 4.0 is. Like I said, check the version of the crpe32.dll please.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found CrystalDecisions.Web.dll on the web server. Product version 13.0.0.1216

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it. We have two versions of crpe32.dll

1) 13.0.0.1216

2) 11.5.10.1263 -- was told by network admin that this is the version on servers.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Now which of these is the app using?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The app uses

1) CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

2) CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll

3) CrystalDecisions.Web.dll

in web server. They are version 13.0.8.1216

There is no crpe32.dll on the server.

The actual Crystal report file is located on another server, and i also don't see crpe32.dll from searching there.

- Patt

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There better be crpe32.dll as it'd DE main engine running the reports. In any case, 13.0.8.x indicates that you are using Service pack 8. Currently we are on SP 15 so I'd highly recommend to update to that version:

- Ludek

Answers (0)