cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role with user mapping

0 Kudos

How to create a custom role with identity management as read permissions and full permissions for "user mapping for system access"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Giving access only to User Mapping in the User Admin role is not possible. You can explore the option of creating a custom application using UME api to achieve this.

Regards,

Rajiv

0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

there is a separate iview for user mapping in portal content.

so i think if we give proper read permissions for identity management and full permissions for  user mapping, this can be achieved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Which portal version are you on and where in Portal Content in this iview?

Regards,

Rajiv

0 Kudos

we are using portal v7.

user mapping iview details:

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.umeEnduserRemoteUserMappingWD

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.remoteUserMappingSelector

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.remoteUserMappingLauncher

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv is asked the version of the portal. it means. it 7.0, CE7.2, NP.7.3 or 7.4?

0 Kudos

NP 7.31 SP14 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Those iViews are for the End Users to map their user ID to remote systems i.e. each user can map ONLY his/her user ID to backend systems. It cannot be used to map multiple users to backend systems.

Like I said, if you need that functionality, you will need to create a custom application using UME api.

Regards,

Rajiv

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Log onto the SAP Enterprise Portal.

2. Navigate to the Content Administration tab.

3. Navigate to Portal Content tab.

4. Right-click the folder .

5. Select New > Role---and create new role.

finally assigned iView to Page to WorkSet to Role----Finally Roles assigned either group or directly user.

Please Note, Always under Role Properties. "Entry Point: YES"

Check in Google, will you find more documents.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the reply.

my problem is not with the role creation.

i have created a role copying standard identity management and user mapping content.

Now i have to give a role to user so that he can access identity management and change only user mapping tab with read-only access to other tabs.

please tell me how to make this restriction work.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not understand...

0 Kudos

my requirement is to create a role for user who can modify user mapping credentials for all the users, but no modifications to their existing roles,groups, and other data.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You means to Say

1. you have to create some X role. that role is assigned to Some A user.

2. that A user have modify the user mapping credentials for all the users

Now My doubts:

1.modify the user mapping credentials for all the users? this one i am not understand.    

2. what type modifications  will do the A user

0 Kudos

1. yes.

2. the A user has to map all the users portal username with back end user name using the user mapping option

Please find the image, i have to create a role as below.where strike off things should not be visible for the user.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you create A role and assigned to X user.

User Mapping in the User Admin role is not possible

any way you are not assigned user admin role to X User. So is not able to See the all the highlighted by RED Color

Hope you know

We have Standard Role (Content Admin, User Admin and System Admin). these role only have developer/admin

Custom Roles ---- Only we assigned to End Users.

Mainly we are using  "User Mapping for System Access" while connecting to SAP System using  this tab. here we select alias name and will provide corresponding backed system username and password.

like example : in SSO we will use.

i don't know what is exact requirement. why you are using "User Mapping for System Access" tab.

0 Kudos

We have configured LDAP as source for SSO,

some ldap user names are mismatching with the back-end user names.

so we want the users to map their back-end system credentials.

For this requirement i want to create a role where one user has ability to map all the users user mapping details using the "User Mapping for System Access" option.

But the problem is, there is no standard role for this requirement.

for that reason i have created a custom role with the "user mapping for system access" as below

But due to some authorization issue its showing error as credential mistake.

Hope you understood my requirement.