SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student timetable shows dates of cancelled event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

Your comments please on the below possible bug

Students are booked onto a module event package. Administrator wishes to cancel the event within the event package. The following are the steps followed:

1. Cancel Academic Event from transaction PIQACADOFFER00 - Edit Event Offerings
  2. The Module Booking transaction from the student file shows that the event within the booked package is cancelled (BUG: the student's timetable still shows the event dates)
  3. Create a new Academic Event within the existing Business Event Type
  4. Create a new Business Event package to replace the old package (note that the old package cannot be deleted as it has bookings on it)
  5. Use transaction PIQMPMODBKG - Transfer Student Bookings top move the students from one event package to another (this works successfully)

BUG: in the student’s timetable, the event dates of the old package are still visible, along with the new ones. Even after the cancellation of the old event and before the creation of the new event and event package, even though the Module Booking transaction shows that the event within the event package is cancelled, the student’s timetable still displays all the old event dates and occurrences (item 2 above).

Has anyone come across this before?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I do not remember, whether I have had this before, but it seems like a bug to me.

Can you check in PP01, whether the booking of the student to the old event is really cancelled (old relation B025 should be deleted, new B040 created).

Which application do you use to show the timetable (Fiori, PIQST00, Webdynpro?).

Regards,

Dirk

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update

If I do not cancel the academic event (step 1 above), the timetable looks OK

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I do not remember, whether I have had this before, but it seems like a bug to me.

Can you check in PP01, whether the booking of the student to the old event is really cancelled (old relation B025 should be deleted, new B040 created).

Which application do you use to show the timetable (Fiori, PIQST00, Webdynpro?).

Regards,

Dirk