cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units of Measure in Enterprise Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested some SAP enterprise services for material handling and production orders.

So far every time an unit of measure was used by an enterprise service it was the ISO-Code, which is defined in T006 for the internal UOM in the backend.

Now I'm trying to create ProductionConfirmation for production order by SAP Enterprise Service ECC_PRODUCTIONCONFCRTRC.

The following message, sent by the shop floor system, to the service at sap backend, creates a partial time ticket for operation 0010 of production order 7284094 for 12 pieces yield and a goods receipt movement for 12 pieces of batch 0728409400

The odd thing is, that I have to use unitcode PCE for the time ticket section and unitcode ST for the goods movement.

ST is the internal UOM in T006 and PCE is the ISO-Code for ST.

If I try to do the goods movement with PCE, then the service responds with ok, but the goods movement isn't executed and there is an error in the Confirmation of production order (co14).

"No language-specific unit defined in language EN for internal unit PCE"

or in german

"Zur int. Maßeinheit PCE ist in Sprache DE keine sprachabh. Einheit gepflegt"

This leads me to the assumption that the enterprise service interprets the unitcode in the goods movement section as SAPs internal UOM.

In addition there must be a failure in the service implementation, because it must not sent an ok message, if the goods movement isn't done.

Is there a rule, that enterprise services should use ISO-Codes as unitcodes?

Are there further ideas?

Regards

Roland

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

xmlns:glob="http://sap.com/xi/SAPGlobal20/Global">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<glob:ProductionConfirmationCreateRequest_sync>

<MessageHeader>

<UUID>365d2b3f-4f1f-44eb-abf8-e991d83411bf</UUID>

</MessageHeader>

<ProductionConfirmation>

<ProductionOrderID>7284094</ProductionOrderID>

<ProductionOrderOperationID>0010</ProductionOrderOperationID>

<PlantID>662L</PlantID>

<!-- Linie 62 -->

<WorkCentreID>80060050</WorkCentreID>

<!-- Teilrückmeldung -->

<RecordTypeCode>L20</RecordTypeCode>

<!-- 12 Gutteile -->

<ConfirmQuantity unitCode="PCE">12</ConfirmQuantity>

<GoodsMovementInformation>

<!--

für Material 77003228 (Endprodukt des FA) und Charge 0728409400

12 Stück Wareneingang auf LL62 in den frei verwendbaren Bestand buchen

-->

<MaterialInternalID>77003228</MaterialInternalID>

<PlantID>662L</PlantID>

<InventoryManagedLocationInternalID>LL62</InventoryManagedLocationInternalID>

<BatchID>0728409400</BatchID>

<ProductionOrderID>7284094</ProductionOrderID>

<GoodsMovementTypeCode>101</GoodsMovementTypeCode>

<!-- frei verwendbarer Bestand -->

<InventoryUsabilityStatusCode>1</InventoryUsabilityStatusCode>

<!-- hier muss "ST" verwendet werden, "PCE" liefert keine Fehlermessage, die Buchng funktioniert aber nicht: -->

<InputQuantity unitCode="ST">12</InputQuantity>

<GoodsMovementReferenceDocumentTypeCode>3</GoodsMovementReferenceDocumentTypeCode>

</GoodsMovementInformation>

</ProductionConfirmation>

</glob:ProductionConfirmationCreateRequest_sync>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition there must be a failure in the service implementation, because it must not sent an ok message, if the goods movement isn't done.

Last week I discovered, that sap ecc backend accepts per default faulty goodsmovement, if goodsmovement is done in connection with production confirmation.

There seems to be a setting in customizing of sap backend, to perform a check for the goodsmovements which are done together with production confirmation. If this is set, you get a warning, if you create a production confirmation with faulty goodsmovement with T-code co11n. But you can ignore this warning and then the goodsmovement is stored as faulty in the backend for later rework (T-code COGI).

Although the check for goodsmovements, included in production confirmation, is enabled in my sap backend, the SAP Enterprise Service ECC_PRODUCTIONCONFCRTRC alway responds with OK to faulty GoodsMovements.