cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming customer payment and customer account clearing via webservice

Hi together

We get incoming payments for many customer transactions in one block on the bank account.

We have many clearing accounts where we want to book on the incoming payent block.

Form the clearing accounts we wannt to book the singel transactions to the customer open items and clear them.

how can we do this via an webserivce? Which webservice would be th ecorrect on?

I looked at Inbound Service ManageBankAdviceIn but i'm not sure if this webservice fits my requirements.

Kind regards

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

the WebService ManageRemittanceAdviceIn would be the right web service for this scenario. You create Remittance Advices as displayed in the WoC Payment Management.

Remark: There are no advices in status "in preparation", only released once. And if you release them, there are no changes afterwards possible.

Best regards

Marlene

0 Kudos

Hi Marlene

That sounds like it would fit our equeirements. Thank you very much.

But i can't finde the webservice with this naming.

I only have Import Remittance Advices from Business Partner or Import Remittance Advices from External System which one would be the right one for our scenario?

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

can you please check below link?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_byd1511/en/PUBLISHING/PSM_ISI_R_II_FOP_MANAGE_REMADV_IN.html

Best regards

Marlene

0 Kudos

Hi Marlene

Ok so thats the webserivce Import Remittance Advices from Business Partner.

But how would the process looks like.

1. Import the Remittance Advices for let's say 10000 customer payments

2. Import the bankstatement

3. ? Whats now?

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Marlene

or would it be possible to make the booking from the transfer account to the customer account and the clearing of the customer account in one step. Maybe with the Inbound Service ManageJournalEntryIn webservice?

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I start with this part.

This remittance advice explains one payment and all the invoices, which are paid. (For the payments initiated by the company, a payment advice is e.g. sent, if the payment reference is too short to explain, what invoices were all paid. For the foreign initiated side it is the same. Someone pays 6 invoice together and applies deductions for some invoices - this will not be available in the note to payee in the bank statement item. So you get an advice, enter it to the system and clear the items from the advice. Then the bank statement confirms the advice and no rework is needed. If you manage to get the advice in an electronic way and upload it and trigger the clearing of the items -> save time.

Even better it will be, if your  customer has a central payer, that pays items from various business partners in one payment (we have customers with 200+ items and 10 business partners in one advice). If you have the advice upload, the clearing happens on all TRP Accounts effected. Then again the bank statement comes and confirms the one payment and you are done.

So the idea for the remittence or payment advice: One Payment in the Bank Statement gets explained with an advice.

When your usecase is different, maybe you should drop me an email and we can have a telco.

Best regards

Marlene

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

now the 2nd part. I am a little bit confused, why you are referring to a transferaccount and how you would like to achieve the clearing on customer accounts.

Mainly you have the TradeReceivablesPayablesAccount (Customer Account / Supplier Account) with the Invoices, credit/ debit memos and the payments for the account. With the ManageJournalEntryIn you create Accounting Notifications, which can be an open item. Now you have the payment for 20 invoices - you still need to split and repost it.

So here again I need to understand, what do you mean here. If you like write the comment in German I try to answer in English then.

Best regards

Marlene

Answers (0)