cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralized MEINT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to know if it is possible to have centralized MEINT instance to distribute IDOCS to multiple SAPME sites.

These SAP ME sites reside in different NW instances. These NW instances exist in different servers and each have their own separate database.

Thanks in advance,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

As mentioned by Evgeniy, all ME Sites should be located within the same SAP ME instance. It is due to the requirement that SAP ME and MII must co-locate on the same NW instance. Respective ERP plants can be located in different ERP systems indeed.

Just because of that requirement, SAPMEINT is implemented in the way that it uses API-calls to SAP ME that is possible only when SAP ME and MII are located on the same NW instance.

However, it is possible to switch SAPMEINT to using web services instead of API-calls. Then the information from Supported SAP ME Plants about servers can be used to address SAPMEINT requests to SAP ME instances located on different servers. But this is an obsolete configuration, not officially supported at the moment. It is likely you will have to engage SAP ME Consulting team if you need it to work this way.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Thanks for your inputs. My understanding was with SAP ME supported plants , we can define target SAP ME sites in any instance/database.

Irrespective of the SAP ME host address entered in Supported plants, the idocs are always trying to create records in the MEINT host machine.

Regards,
Vignesh

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's absolutely correct. To make SAPMEINT take host addressed from Supported Plants, you need to change the current configuration of SAPMEINT, as I mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

What I understand is

1. My target instance should also have MEINT installed and setup

2. When I run the MEINTCTC task on the central instance, when the CTC asks for SAPMEWIP and SAPMEINT address, I should enter target NW info instead of host NW info

Is this correct?

Thanks

Vignesh

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes.

2. No. You cannot have central SAPMEINT instance and non-central SAPMEINT instances. What you can have is multiple ERP systems connected to the only NW instance which in running SAPMEINT and SAP ME. All ME-integrated plants from those ERP systems should have the respective ME sites in this SAP ME instance, and this SAPMEINT instance can communicate with this SAP ME instance only. This SAPMEINT instance is the only possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

So for example

- I send a material from a ERP plant to the NW instance that has both MEINT & ME (ERP plant exists as a site in this ME instance)

- After this material is created in this instance , I then read the address of the plant in the Supported ME plant list.

- Send this material using a MII transaction to this address, in which the site exists in a ME only instance.

Is this how you mean or am I still missing something.

Thanks

Vignesh

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it does not work this way. You cannot send the request to "ME only instance".

With the standard implementation of SAPMEINT based on API calls, the environment looks like "ERP server connected to SAPMEINT+SAPME server", and there is not other servers.

If you manage to change SAPMEINT to use web service calls instead of API calls, then you can configure the following environment: several ERP servers connected to central SAPMEINT server which in turn is connected to several SAP ME servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

1. The MEINT installation is switched in some way to the old web service communication in the MEINT+ME instance

2. The IDOCS from ERP would get distributed to the corresponding SAP ME site in another instance, using the address defined in the supported ME plants , provided that site also exists in the MEINT + ME instance.

3. Question : Will this distributed IDOC from the Central MEINT be inserted directly into the data base of these separate SAP ME servers or do we need to have MEINT setup in these SAP ME servers to receive this distributed IDOC and create records.

Thanks

Vignesh

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you switch SAPMEINT to web services instead of API calls, and maintain correct host addresses in Supported ME Plants, then SAPMEINT can be located on a dedicated server and it can communicate with other servers where separate SAP ME instances are running without additional SAPMEINT instances on those servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Thank you very much for patiently answering these questions. This information was of great help.

Regards,
Vignesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Vignesh,

There is Supported SAP ME Plants menu in SAPMEINT Configuration. You list supported plants/sites there. You may need to re-run the MEINT CTC wizard for each plant to use different XMII listeners for each plant.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

I Re-executed the SAPMEINTCTC with a new listener for the target site in a different instance/database. The CTC was successfully executed. But the IDOC still tries to create a record in the MEINT host machine and not on the target machine.

Is there any other configuration apart from the "Supported SAP ME plants"

Thanks

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh,

It is possible to maintain multiple sites in MEINT. All the sites on ME side should be created on the same ME installation and thus on the same NW instance. But plants on ERP side can be located on different ERP servers.

Thank you,

Evgeniy Ulitin