cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Asset Acquisition Only on Leading Ledger (0L)

Erico_Mattos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear friends.

I have one need requested by user that I would like to request your help.

The user wants to create an asset in such way that when she post amount on this asset (ABZON) only the 0L ledger be posted.

Asset Class:

• This asset class there is no depreciation. It has a depreciation key without any depreciation set up.
  • Depreciation Area 1 posts on Leading Ledger (0L). It is set as posts Real time.
  • Depreciation Area 2 posts on Non-Leading Ledger (1L). It is set as posts Depreciation Only

Tentative one:

I have created an asset using this class and before save I deactivated the Depreciation Area 2.

The same way, when I posted amount using ABZON the 1L ledger received amount on the account set up on AO90 .

Tentative two:

I have created an asset using this class on ABZON I have chosen a customized acquisition transaction type that only posts on Depreciation Area 1 (0L).

On the asset module side it works. There is no amount posting in Depreciation Area 1. But when I do an analyze one the accounting document both ledgers received the posting.

Please,

Do you have whether it is possible?

Or

Is there a configuration that I should take in account that I need to validate?

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

By design the accounting generated from ABZON for 0L will have postings to both the ledgers. Please complete the periodic posting run, ASKBN and you will see that the posting on other ledgers will be reversed with a ledger specific posting.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Erico_Mattos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil.

Thank you very much for your help.

I carried out the tentative two mentioned by me on this thread and I have applied your solution in the sequence and it worked fine. Great!!

I have shared the solution to user apply it in productive system.

More one lesson learned.

Thank you very much again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erico,

If you want to post only to the ledger 0L, then you have to use the t.code FB01L. Here you have to chose the ledger which you want to post and use the custom transaction type which you have created for specific dep.area.

Regards,

Mukthar

Erico_Mattos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear Mukthar,

Thanks for answer.

I have already done this test.

Even using the custom transaction type

Postings to ledger 0L not permitted with account type A

Message no. FAGL_POST_SERVICE034

Diagnosis

Posting to account A with account type  must be made in all ledgers of the company code.

Procedure

For automatic postings, change the Customizing settings. For example, do not enter any ledger group for postings occurring as part of the online integration with CO.

I'm finalizing the tests but now I believe that it has been caused by New GL features.

Thank you very much.