cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataflow gets stuck in merge transform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to sap bods. I have a requirement in my project where I need to combine 5 files to a single file. I am using merge transform to achieve this. The dataflow sometimes gets stuck ie while running the job it gets stuck halfway and no records are getting processed. But when I kill the job  and rerun it is running fine. The total number of records is only 10000. I am not sure why it is getting stuck during the merge process. Please let me know if there is a way to optimize the process. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to use a Merge transform. When you specify a wildcard in the filename property of the DS file format, all your files will be read sequentially and written to the output file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Could you elaborate this point? It's a few information for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried that way. and it worked. Thank you for the information

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you merging files or tables? Also are all datatypes same in 5 sources?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am merging files and all 5 files are of the same data type. The Dataflow gets stuck the first time. But if I rerun the same Dataflow it runs succesfully. sometimes I need to rerun the job(without making any changes) several times until it runs fine. when it runs succesfully the run time is less than 10 seconds. This concerns me. I need to ensure that this type of issue does not come in production environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

If all are files and of same type, use file format to load. If it is a text file in the file name option of file format just type *.txt and point to the folder in which the files are present. Run the job, all files will be loaded and appended one after other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried that way. and it worked. Thank you