cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a daily report..dealing with date/time ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working creating a daily report that the Maintenance Tech's can run at the end of their shift. Right now I'm using IW22, as I don't have access to other dedictated T-Codes for running reports....We run two 12 hour shifts and I pretty much have the report for the day shift set up using just the reference date and time. Where I'm running into issues is the night shift. It runs from 1900 hrs one day to 0700 the next morning. Can someone give me some pointers in setting this up, or perhaps recommend a different T-Code?

Thanks,

-Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i'm agree with jogeshwara sir & maria,

as per my view you need to develop a report with the help of abaper in that you can give logic on the basis of time (suggested by jogeswara sir ) or add drop down field in notification screen (through enhancement) r use priority drop down if not using then

Option :- 1 :- Add one drop down button on notification screen which will have values , like :- 1st **** , 2nd shift , Night shift & General shift.

if user is selecting the shift at the time of Notification Creation then you work may be easy .

Option 2 :- suggested by Jogeshwara sir ....

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lokesh,

He has got only two shifts of 12hrs. Day shift (0700hrs to 1900hrs) and Night shift (1900hrs to 0700hrs)

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok , sir

he can be achieve the same by defining two shift in drop down button & the value in the button should be reflect on the base of condition lognic :-

For Exp if notification creation done between (0700hrs to 1900hrs)  system will select Day Shift or for else night shift .

or he may be allow for manual selection at the time of notification creation in case of notification are not creating on line.

purely concern with ABAP , give him logic, may help him

thanks you sir

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need of special logic. ABAPer can fill the Shift field depending upon the Notification Creation time. He can fill the Shift field with values like 'D' (for Day) and 'N' (for Night) according to the times. No other logics are needed. Rest all information will flow from VIQMEL table.

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

agree....

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

What kind of information you are expecting in IW22 ? If you want another transaction to view list of Notifications, you can use IW28/IW29.

Also you can specify dates like created on etc

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terence,

What I want to do is have a variant setup in IW22,28,29, etc that when selected will pull up all notifications COMPLETED for the day shift ( 0700-1900 hrs ) or the night shift (1900 - 0700 next morning ). I don't want to have to enter in dates/times, otherwise why have the variant. I also understand this will be two different variants as well.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

I dont think you will be able to make a report based on the shift. You need to contact your SAP team to built a report for your requirement.

In standard report, you cannot get output 17:00 to 06:00 next day, since the lower limit is greater than upper limit is not possible.

One alternate option, you need to have different variant for 19:00 to 23:59 and 00:00 to 07:00. You can use by choosing Completed Status and Completion date to capture the list of completion notification.

Then in the layout, you can set the filter with reference time. 3 layouts required for one day report.

Before coming to conclusion, you can contact your SAP team, may be they can create a variant or layout or new report for your purpose.

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Douglas,

This is a clear technical requirement. You need to get a report developed accordingly whcih will take care of the Shift also based on time. Then in the Selection screen there will be 2 Radio buttons like:

• Day shift
  • Night shift

When you select one and execute the report will come. Then it is upto you to have more fields in Selection-screen or not. (like Date). IF you do not want any other field and always you want the previous day or previous night shift report, then the report can be developed like that. But reports are generally not made so. There should be a provision for Date also and then above Radio button choices.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao