cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Package Scheduler Status (BPC 7.5)

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know a way to export a list of scheduled packages including the name, schedule, and duration?

I'd like to make sure I don't have any contention between the scheduled packages and other jobs running on the SQL server back-end.  tblSchedule does not appear to contain the schedule or duration.  It appears Windows Task Manager is used to actually start execution and contains the job schedules.

The "Package Scheduler Status", although limited, appears to have the best UI for viewing this information.  If I could simply export this to a csv, xml, or txt file I could then easily compare it to scheduled SQL jobs.

From a profiler trace, it looks like I may be able to pull this from the osoft scheduling service somehow?

http://[hostname]/OSoft/App/SchedulingService/SchedulingService.asmx

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

the info you search is conteained in tblDTSLog table in your appset/environment, this table contains all the history of package view status not only the last executions.

Don't know your needs but you can also export direct from SSMS as csv file.

Other tables related with packages are tblPackages, tblPackageLog, AuditDtsLog (just for audit packages) and tblSchedule where you found the connection with windows task scheduler (the names).

Regards

Roberto

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

The tblDTSLog only has the history.  I'm looking for a way to export the schedule.  The purpose is to

A.  Document schedule packages

B.  Document run-time for scheduled packages

C.  Document SQL Agent jobs

D.  Document SQL Agent job durations

E.  Compare scheduled packages and SQL Agent jobs to ensure there's no contention.

The packages are scheduled in a bizzare way in BPC 7.5 where they do NOT use SQL Agent jobs or Maintenance Plans, but rather Windows Task Manager schedules on the app server.  There's no way to export the schedules easily from task manager either.

At this point I've gone through the cumbersome route of manually performing this work.