cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial access to private folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community members,

One of our high privileged users want's to have access to private folders owned by users he works with. I don't want him to have access to all private folders, but just part of them. Is it possible to do?

platform version is BI 4.1 sp6

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume u have no access to eveyone on top level or individual user can see there own folder set.

You can explicitly grant a view rights to this user on other Private Folder.

Once he login in CMC -->Personal Folder

He will be able to see only his personal folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx Raunak for the answer,

giving rights to particular personal folder will not work for me. Users are being managed by LDAP groups, so any time new users can be added and removed, and as Administrator I will not know when it happened, because LDAP update is scheduled and every day someone new can occur.

What i would like to get is way to add rights just to folders that are being owned by users in certain SAP BO user gorup.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create an Enterprise group assign add particular LDAP user as a member of the Enterprise group.

Assign right on the personal folder for newly created Enterprise Group explicitly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx Raunak for the answer.

I wanted to make it somehow automated - like access to folders. We use LDAP as authentication, so whenever someone is added to LDAP he is being granted some rights or getting those removed.

Your sollution will work only if I'll enter each personal folder and inbox an give rights to users. It's lots of work also with maintenance.

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Inheriting security from group/ folder level will apply for all those inheriting it.

In all cases, to achieve this specific requirement explicit rights setup at user level is required. Therefore, there seems to be no option other than manually granting rights for each personal folder/inbox to the required user. And yes unfortunately it is manual work.