cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM tool 1.0SP14 stuck at end of CHECKS expecting new frontend

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running the SUM tool 1.0 SP14 to apply ABAP support packs to a 7.40 system.  At end of CHECKS phase, I get just an informational box that Frontend should be upgraded.  There are no errors/warnings.  But when I want to continue to the PreProcessing phase, the CHECKS phase starts over again.

The error message on the monitor tab indicates "warning" occurred, but I see nothing else.

The tool is being run on the Windows 2012 host where the CI also resides. 

The CHECKS.LOG only shows:

===  Type: info  ===  Source: PREP_GENCHECKS/REQ_FRONTREQ_PRE  ===  Title: Update front end software  ===

*INFO* : The front end software could be updated at any time before or during

the upgrade. It must be updated before the start of the shadow instance in phase

*START_SHDI_FIRST* .

Refer to the upgrade manual if you do not know how to perform the update

procedure.

There are no errors in my SUM/abap/log directory.   What is it complianing about?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We solved this issue and if you getting similar symptoms then follow these steps

1. Login to main instance and see if there are DUMPS with DDIC like CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND and Function "RSDU_..****" not found in library

2. check for the job RSUPGRCHECK in SM37 --> It will be getting canceled with associated ST22 dump

This seems to be an error with the activation of some infocube of SAP_BW 702

Apply the SAP note 1757522 to your system.

3. Re run the checks phase again

4. You must get pass this error then.

Thanks

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were no errors in any logs in the abap\log directory.  The screen shots are the only indication. when I would click ok/next, the checks phase runs again and ends the same way. I could not move forward to the preprocessing phase.

I Reset the whole upgrade, deleted the SUM directory and started with a new one. Went through same exact steps and got the same information warning you see in the screen shots. But this time it let me proceed to the preprocessing phase.

strange...

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

David, How did you resolve this?

thanks

Manuel

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Kindly check the logs for SUM and check the manual activity which are pending.

In above screenshot showing the information and not error.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Its just an information that if you intend to upgrade the GUI you can upgrade before the SHD phase .This will not affect your upgrade/update .Once you cross the phase mentioned you can update SAPGUI after SUM Completes also.