cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB 12.6 B#4081 variable declare with assignment bug or what ?s

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have code in PB 12.5.1 (B#4015) that works as BOOLEAN lb_false = FALSE, lb_true = TRUE.

The same code in PB 12.6 B#4081 had the value of lb_true = FALSE after execution of the above statement (see attached).

I assume this is a bug and that a better standard maybe should be used.  Another person and now I can't seem to reproduce the issue though.

This is running in development mode under a VM environment connected to source control using Serena PVCS V8 4.4.0 B#021.

Hum, maybe a hidden character or just a rough memory day.  Any feedback appreciated as always.

Maybe a better standard?

BOOLEAN lb_false, lb_true

lb_false     = FALSE

lb_true     = TRUE

OR

just forget the local variable in this case and use FALSE or TRUE in coding such as

RETURN TRUE instead of RETURN lb_true

I forget, is there a place to see the reported and verified PB 12.6 bugs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Da,

Have tried to replicate in same build of 12.6 as yours.  Unable to get same result!!!!

The only thing I can suggest is to check if there are declarations somewhere else of a variable of the same the same name... You could also have ib_true and in your code typed Ib_true (1) not lb_true (2)..(first is an uppercase i and second is a lower case l impossibIe to see the difference)

But to answer your OR question:  Yes! forget the local variables, they are not needed. lb_true?

hth

Lars