cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reportviewer Print/Export controls don't work at all - Next Page button prompts for parameters again

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're migrating a .NET app from a Server 2008 environment to Server 2012. Installed the latest SP15 SAP for VS on the Dev server which runs VS 2013, and the installed the accompanying SP15 runtime MSI on the web server.

I was receiving a blank report which I fixed by moving aspnet_client folder (copied from the inetpub/wwwroot directory) at the root of my website -

Now when I open a report, it displays correctly, but I'm experiencing the following issues using the toolbar buttons in my report viewer:

1. Can't print a report. When I click the print button, nothing happens.
  2. Can't export the report to PDF or Excel - The Export window comes up, but nothing happens after I select the output format and click the export button
  3. Can't navigate to the second/third etc pages of the report. When I click the "Next Page" arrow button, the report viewer prompts me for new parameters like I just opened the report.

General information: Popup blocker is disabled. Have tried in Chrome and I get the same behavior, so it's not IE related. When I hit F12 and run debug I often get a "MochiKit.Base.NotFound" error when using the buttons, which Google hasn't been much help on. I've attached a picture of that error to this post.

Any ideas on how to fix this or things to try?

I've got some Process Monitor output I'll add to this post soon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

Make sure your code is in Page Init.

And in a web app you want to be using sessions. See the following KBA for more details:

SAP Note 1985571 - How to use sessions in web applications using the Crystal Reports viewer (the com...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I've attached example code of mine to this post, and this code was working perfectly in my last environment.

I've also tried changing my Page_Load section to a Page_Init and that didn't help.

I will also note that our new environment uses SSL, whereas our old one did not. Already checked that "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" and there is no check box there so that's not the problem -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also here is some output from Process Monitor. I'm starting this has something to do with the temporary file(s) that are created when you run and print/export reports...

NAME NOT FOUND:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\jvmmanager.dll (lots of these referencing different DLLS in that folder

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe.Local

C:\Windows\crystal

C:\Users\myapp\AppData\Local\Temp\4040_1672_{3F73E643-B48D-4996-B460-7A86179D94CA}.rpt

(this one is weird because I thought it's supposed to save the temp file in C:\Windows\Temp...)

FILE LOCKED WITH WRITERS

C:\Users\myapp\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF0DD6602548230766.TMP (bunch of these each time I try to print with different file nameS)

(this one is weird because I thought it's supposed to save the temp file in C:\Windows\Temp...)

FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\u2122000.dll

NOT REPARSE POINT

E:\domains\myapp

C:\tmp

E:\Shared

0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Is your AppPool running in 32 or 64 bit mode? Did you install the same MSI runtime?

See if this post has anythign to do with it -

The default temp folder now is the noted in the error message, something MS changed.

How did you deploy the CR runtime?

For the MochiKit.Base error try searching for it. Doesn't below to CR.

Your sample code is not using Session or Postback methods to keep the report in scope, something you need to do.

Does the app work in IISExpress? If it does then you need to check permissions and other properties in IIS on 2012 server. Lots of changes MS did around security...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

AppPool is running in 64 bit mode.

For the MSI I downloaded the SP15 64bit.msi from here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 and installed it on the web server.

How would I check if it works in IISExpress? I don't think this is permission based as I don't get any ACCESS DENIED messages when running Process Monitor...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your sample code is not using Session or Postback methods to keep the report in scope, something you need to do.

Do you have some sample code I could work off of? Thanks!

0 Kudos

Ludek post a link in the first reply he made...

Overview tab has links to our samples which have them also.

Answers (0)