cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAR migration from 7.0 to 7.4 NWDI/NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading put portal from 7.0 to 7.4. We have our portal par applciaiton in NWDI.

We have created a new track in nwdi 7.4 and copied all 7.0 portal par application to new track.

I am able to create project from new track in NWDS 7.4 (NWDS 7.3 eph1 sp12).

There is no error in java file but it bulid failes because of old jar file reference.

When I try to add dc  as dependent dc to my custom dc where new jars are there (e,g com.sapportal.htmlb.jar)  I am not able to see any dc under standard sc (e,gENGFACADE) to choose as shown below.

Is this because the standard scs added to track was not proper??

Thanks,

Karthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

Have you migrated the custom applications? Please go through this guide:

Migrating Tracks Content from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to a Higher Version

Best Regards,
Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, Thanks for the help link i had gone through the link already and followed some of the steps for my project. The custom application I want to migrate is portal abstract component hence it didn't ask for any migration by default. But the ear contained my portal project asked for migration steps that is fine.I don't see any error in portal project java files but my dc has red mark and the bulid fails with the below error     [javac] Compiling 1 source file to D:\eclipse\workspace.jdi\0\t\642B1DA9A1B70F8C81B99E2D15EF668F\classes     [javac] ERROR: D:\eclipse\workspace.jdi\0\DCs\stw.com\home\prt\sapgui\launch\_comp\src.core\com\stw\prt\sapgui\launch\LaunchSap.java:13: as of release 5, 'enum' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier     [javac] ERROR: (use -source 1.4 or lower to use 'enum' as an identifier)     [javac] ERROR: import com.sapportals.htmlb.enum.GroupDesign;     [javac] ERROR:                            ^     [javac] ERROR: D:\eclipse\workspace.jdi\0\DCs\stw.com\home\prt\sapgui\launch\_comp\src.core\com\stw\prt\sapgui\launch\LaunchSap.java:14: as of release 5, 'enum' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier     [javac] ERROR: (use -source 1.4 or lower to use 'enum' as an identifier)     [javac] ERROR: import com.sapportals.htmlb.enum.TextViewDesign;     [javac] ERROR:                            ^     [javac] 2 errors Ant runtime 0.063 seconds Ant build finished with ERRORS I knew the build error is because the jar it is referring is wrong and it need com.saportal.htmlb.jar. When I tried to add standard dc where htmlb.jar is there I am not getting any option to choose any SC in the dependency tab of my portal dc. Regards, Karthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

FRAMEWORK-EXT is the SC we needed in my track to be added as dependency to resolve above error.

So I have download the FRAMEWORK-EXT SC from service market place and added to my track as dependency.

Also added com.sapportals.htmlb.jar as dependency in my dc even after that I am getting the same build error.

Thanks,

Karthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a new Enterprise portal dc in migrated track and then created Abstract portal component in the dc. Copied all the java class to new dc .

Parallely added required SC as dependnt dc in the track and then add required SC as dependency dc in new dc.

This resolved the issue.