cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Invoicing: Scheduled Invoice Request: when's the "Schedule"?

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are testing the Scheduled Invoice Request functionality for Customer Invoicing for contracts.

I am curious to know if there is a way to know exactly when is the next run scheduled to create Scheduled Invoice Requests?

The only information I could see is that its an overnight run and the log information in Customer Invoicing WoC will only show the information in case of errors.

Thus, when you are testing this functionality along with other functionality(for example, Time Horizon changes for Scheduled Invoice Requests), there is no way for you to know if the run has happened already for last night and thus, whether or not your changes were effective?

This is really weird because how do we understand "overnight" is it 12 am in end customer's time zone or application server's(if I even know where my application server is located) time zone? Or is it 8 am ? Or... ?

If I don't know the exact time of run, worse case scenario means I have to wait till next evening to deem there is something wrong with my setup and then have to re adjust and wait for another "overnight" run and hope it creates my Schduled Invoice Request.

I am sure there must be a way and am just not aware of how to check this information.

Any suggestions or ways please?

Thanks and regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya,

the Scheduled Invoice Run is scheduled to start between 12 and 2am. Since this is system (time zone) dependent and if you require the exact time when the run starts you can create an incident and Support can check the exact time when the run starts for you.

with kind regards,

Kathrin Dietrich

SAP Cloud Product Support

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

Thanks for your reply.

While I appreciate the fact that its system dependent but, is it not weird that I cannot see the success log of the same?

As might also appreciate, handling of such queries via incidents is not necssarily the fastest way to get to know the answer too. I am pretty sure support colleagues will at least take a day or two to come back on the incident(based on their own incidents and priorities) and by that time anyways your manual testing over 2 days will yield the answer.

I wanted to understand why will we hide a run's log information from customers? I understand that customers should not be able to manage the run itself(to avoid accidental inconsistency) but, why can't they see the schedule info - when's the next run scheduled? Will it happen on Friday/Saturday/Sunday Night? Will it run on Public Holidays? If not, which public holidays will affect it?

If, still for some reason, we cannot see such useful information, can we at least have a case document(or do we already have one?) which details how, as an end user, I can predict whether or not the run will happen tonight(considering the weekend, public holidays, etc)?

As per me - this is not a big issue but, its one of those issues that just leaves you bemused at whats behind the scene.

Thanks and regards,

Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya

KathrinD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh Vardhan Shrotriya,

The report to create scheduled invoice requests is scheduled to run at 02:00 UTC and depending on the time zone of the tenant it will run accordingly. You can find the time zone of your tenant in the Fine Tuning activity Time Zone. The run is scheduled to run daily and does not consider weekends or public holidays. We do not want any user intervention and the task needs to be performed automatically and hence it is set up this way and is not visible in the User Interface.

I hope this will answer your questions.

With kind regards,

Kathrin Dietrich

SAP Cloud Product Support

harsh_shrotriya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming back again Kathrin.

Though I feel tempted to discuss how viewing an MDRO Run's log will intervene or interrupt automatic task execution, I believe you have answered my actual queries already and I can skip that argument for sometime else.

Thanks again!

Answers (0)