Did you mean: 

PB 11.5 & WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm working with PB11.5 build 2506 and Windows 8.1

I have this web service..

http://www.mtzmarcel.com.mx/test/ws/service.php?wsdl

When I click on Services Botton and WSDL Engine = EasySoap, I can see the WSDL's services, so when I select .NET Engine and try to Deploy the Project (Web Service Proxy) I have gotten the message...

Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL File is invalid

Have I to download antoher framework or .NET SDK ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Chris & Beverly, thanks.

If is important to download the SDK with the same language with my Windows 8.1 installed?

Regards... Joak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaguin;

The SDK contains the compilers (the same actual compilers included in the current version of C++), linkers, debuggers, etc., necessary to actually build an API-based programs. It's really not a programming language like C# or VB for example that also needs to come with Internationalization variations.

HTH

Regartds ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.

Have I to install the SDK on computers that uses my application? or only in the Developer computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris ....

I download the SDK from here ...

Download Kit de desarrollo de software (SDK) de Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) from Official Mic...

Execute the setup file, reboot my computer and I still with the same error..

Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL File is invalid

Whats wrong?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaguin;

You need the MS-Windows SDK that matches your version of Windows you are using. Note that MS posts their SDK for Intel processors. You'll have to get the SDK from AMD if you have their CPU type.

HTH

regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just your development PC.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris.

I have Intel Core i7 processor.

What happend if I use WSDL Engine = EasySoap?

Have a good day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It makes no difference whether you use the SOAP or .NET web service implementation in PB Classic. The WSDL compiler in the SDK is only used to parse (introspect) the XML and produce the necessary structures and proxy object(s) in your PBL in order to consume the WS's methods.

Since you have an Intel processor the MS-Windows SDK from Microsoft is the one to get.

FYI:  Download Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 from Official Microsoft Download C...

Now, once the SDK is installed - make sure that you put the path to the BIN folder in your System Path. For example ...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin    // and/or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin

(FWIW: I have both of these SDK's installed).

The next step is to check and see if the WSDL compiler is ready. You can do this by opening a DOS command window and just typing "WSDL /?".

The last step would be to make sure that your PB Classic IDE runs in ADMIN mode. I do this by creating a shot-cut to the PB.exe on my DeskTop and then setting the "Run program as Administrator" to TRUE. The PB IDE needs to use the WSDL compiler in Admin mode.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaguin,

Make sure that the MS Windows SDK for Windows 7 is installed and in the system path.  I have a win 8.1.  PB needs the wsdl.exe to parse the wsdl file. 

Thanks,
Beverly D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beverly

I download the SDK, I have gotten the same error ... how is to put in the system Path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaguin;

For Web services in PB 11.x you need to have the MS-Windows SDK installed.

Remember as well that PB version 11.x can only use .Net v2.0.

HTH

Regards ... Chris