cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Database administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a DBA - Oracle and SQL Server and looking to join one company with SAP system. I need to know what kind of knowledge should I need to have for maintain SAP DB. my question forcus to any particular application, tool, DBcockpit or netweaver whether I need to know.

please some one assist me for this.

regards

ashwan 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all you need to know all the activities related to Basis admin, so that it will be easy to work.

Please refer the below one of the Link, you will get an Idea about the Basis stuff.

http://www.stechies.com/sap-pdf-books-download/SAP_BASIS_ISNVARMA321761320038506.pdf

A complete guide for SAP BASIS Consultants | BASIS Books | STechies

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna, thank you your quick reply . I will go through it. by the le me clarify this

some people asked study netweaver. can you clarify netweaver , BRTOOLS  and MaxDB tools.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Netweaver will be the best option but it will take long time to complete it so you can go through all the basic things in that particular links I hope that will clarify your doubts and everything.

Mark as helpfull answer if this is helpful

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna. The stechies-hyperlink provides a pdf document covering info for R/3, but has the same document been revised lately to cover HANA DB also? If yes, can you post a link to that?

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think first you have go through about SAP and involve in SAP BASIS activities need to learn. As your DBA Admin and you learn the rest of SAP DB easily.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brindavan, thank you for your comment. please let me know from where should I start. send me reference materials for this if possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udara,

You should have hands on experience/knowledge on BRTOOLS, DB version and patch upgrades, backups

Please refer the follow links, so you can get clear idea

Database Administration: Overview of Activities - Database Administration in CCMS: SAP MaxDB - SAP L...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20e638fc-a706-2a10-9d82-c40503247...

Thanks