cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gateway 2.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

here we have a requirement to install Fiori   SAP Gateway 2.0 i am very new to this i want i would i start install process of the same

send me some links so i can move ahead i found some documents those are not sufficient..

i need to wholeo installation process

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will you be exposing your Fiori Apps externally from your company? SAP recommends having an separate gateway2 instance in the DMZ and/or a webdispatcher (reverse proxy).

Having set up a production 3 tier Fiori landscape including separate Gateway2, webdispatcher, SAML2 authentication is it not really something quick-n-easy that just can be posted back to a discussion thread.

A) Firstly you will need a Gateway2 7.4 instance installed either as part of your SAP system or (recommended) as a separate ABAP instance the Fiori and UX addons will need to be included.

Gateway2 will need to be enabled for https and certificates loaded, including licenses.

B) Ideally a webdispatcher will be installed in the DMZ, enabled for secure traffic (https), this will be connected naturally to the gateway instance. Ports will be unblocked depending your your requirements for access to the interweb

C) On your backend ERP (or whatever) system you will need some apps installed this depends on your business needs Installation of Integration Components on Back-End Server - SAP Fiori principal apps for SAP ERP 1.0...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for your immediate reply

we are at ehp6  sap netweaver 7.31 and shown of sap nw 7.4 but we need it on this

we have landscape of DEV QUA PRD

how to proceed

Reagds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

Before you start I recommend planning out your landscape.  Even if it is a proof of concept the dataflows can get complex so you should draw something up.

You can install a gateway with your existing 7.31 ERP or as a separate  (NW7.4 or 7.31)instance, the choice is yours.

The first decision point is that you can have SAP Gateway2 services integrated with your ERP instance (integrated install) or have it as a separate instance.  In my POC above a separate GW instance was installed.

Why a separate GW instance is a good idea?:

a) Security can be enhanced for example FIPS compliance can be easily enabled

b) Gateways can be repointed to other systems (eg DEV) if required.

c) When configuring , stopping and starting can be performed without impacting normally business testing and validation work.

d) Obviously a separate GW requires additional resources ( eg VM) but in todays commodity hardware environment (or cloud deployment) the incremental cost is minimal.

e) You can install the latest kernel , Fiori UI, and NW7.4 release independent of the ERP system which may have a less  flexible change control processes as you may be supporting existing production landscape which needs to be kept consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

we would like install SAP Gateway sapartely   .

and install new instance and by which SAP gateway should be in the middle which fetch data from R/3 and show it new instance

can you elaborate

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

You will need to install SAP Netweaver 7.4 and include the Gateway and UX patches as per the guide.

1569624 - Installation/Delta Upgrade of SAP NW Gateway 2.0

Also the patching your ERP backend will be required. You will need to configure your landscape as per 1) Central Hub approach.

It is hard to give you more detailed information.  . It is just very hard without spending time looking at your systems and landscape to give specific and detailed advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

This is frontend system

kindly confirm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Is this the frontend system

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

Here is the link to SAP Gateway 2.0 installation guide. You can go through the same and proceed accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/nwgateway20?current=nw74

Glen has also mentioned the overall process to setup Fiori.

Please don't forget to mark my answer helpful if this answers your qyuery

Regards

Raj Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

we don't want include the fiori in our existing ABAP we need install it separately  kindly send some links for the same which u have sent is the STANDARD SAP Document i went through

send some other links

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra

To run Fiori you need to update the backend (ERP) system as well as install a separate Gateway instance (or install the GW components inside your ERP system)

The backend system ie ERP ABAP must at the minimum need some components applied eg (FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X1 1.0), as I mentioned above I recommend installation of a new and separate GW instance to avoid

Installation Overview - SAP Fiori principal apps for SAP ERP 1.0 - SAP Library

I've got 20 years SAP technical experience  and most of that with SAP directly, yet I needed around 3 days reading, planning and documenting Fiori and SAML2 about it before I built a POC .  It is not easy particularly the security aspects, not for me, not for anyone,  and no single document is probably going to give you the point-n-shoot click here guide to making it all work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been browsing the master guide and other related KBA's,  however there is no mention if do we need ONE dedicated sap gateway for EACH of our DEVELOPMENT, QUALITY, REGRESSION AND PRODUCTION system? so in total we have 3 non-production gateway and 1 production gateway?

this means one gateway system for DEV, one for Quality, one for regression and one for production?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Meinard