cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

My organization is planning on doing a Heterogeneous System copy for SAP BW, PI, EP, and Solution Manager

Could you direct me to the appropriate information for this.

Source Environment:

Linux / Oracle 11g

Target Environment:

Linux / Sybase ASE 15.7

Regards,

APS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello APS,

You may start to check those SAP Notes:

1554717 - SYB: Planning information for SAP on ASE

1680803 - SYB: SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise - Best Practice for SAP Business Suite and SAP BW , you might check the file attached to that Note (Best_Practices_SAP_ASE_v1.4.zip)

For the SAP BW we strongly recommend to go to ASE 16 SP01 PL02 (PL01 is the minimum, PL02 is the last available version). You'll find here the technical reasons 2103636 - SYB: Adaptions for SAP ASE 16.0 SP01 PL01

Regards,
Victoria.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maria, and Nicholas,
I had expected responses from you only as I have been scouring SCN ASE section for a while now.

I had gone through most stuff except the fact that BW has to be migrated on to a higher version of ASE.

I was thinking it would be prudent to try and do a mock system copy on any one of the environments before beginning on actual systems? wouldn't you folks agree

Thanks a ton for the responses

I will trouble you both as and when I encounter any errors

Regards,

APS

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi APS,
You're welcome !
If you have a chance to do a mock system copy yes that would be better so you can already familiarize with the migration process with ASE.

Best regards,
Victoria.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aps,

As per your idea, and Victoria's suggestion that is a good idea the test copy

But maybe copy a qa system I would assume it would be using a lot less space than a productive system.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets not forget this recently added doc by Anne SAP Applications on SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise - Best Practices for Migration and Runtime link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0045e5c4-0b45-3310-2aac-a6850d26f...

Also Oracle to SAP Sybase ASE Migration Guide link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e01c87b7-bd58-3010-d8bf-d37fa9c41...

The latter falls in the custom area but will give you perhaps some hints also.

Hope this helps along with the important links from Victoria.

Regards,

Johan

victoria_normand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
Just to clarify: the document Anne published is the same as the one attached on the SAP 1680803

About the Oracle to SAP ASE link I would discard it for this SAP application context.

Best regards,
Victoria.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops noted