Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Production In IBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in Planning View: 30 Capacity.

I run unconstrained planning and the amount of the production in April 2016, May, June is X.After saving the data, production changes to Y in April 2016, May, June across all resources .

Please let me know if you have any idea about this issue.

Thanks & Regards ,

Pradeep K C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adam_peanna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep K C,

A couple of things which are worth noting:

- Changing the available capacity does not impact an unconstrained plan - as its unconstrained. It will only show a difference in resource utilisation.

- Running a batch unconstrained plan from the supply plan drop down runs a batch job which when completed automatically saves the change and if you refresh the screen after the batch job runs and saves you will see the values will change unless of course the result is the same as the current values.

- Best way to see it change is to alter the consensus demand and save it. Then run the supply plan in simulation mode to see the values change - you can then choose to save or refresh the sheet to discard.

- If supply values are not changing, check the log which is in the supply plan dropdown and can indicate where there may be errors with the network setup.

Attach screenshot if this does not resolve so we can see in more detail what KF's your working with and expecting to change.

Regards,

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam ,

Thanks for your inputs .

Please note that first time itself i have changed the Consensus demand for the month of August & ran the Supply planning in both Simulation & Unconstrained mode to check the results . After that i ran the Capacity planning view in unconstrained mode but problem is that the amount of production in April 2016, May, June is X after the unconstrained run. once data is saved , production changes to Y in April 2016, May, June across all resources .

Thanks & Regards ,

Pradeep K C

adam_peanna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, I have not found any issue on my demo system. Send some screenshots if it can be reproduced. The simulate recalculates calculated KF's based on values changed manually in the workbook such as capacity utilization % if you manually change the capacity available. The unconstrained planning in the simulation drop down actually runs the algorithm for supply heuristic which needs to be saved if desired for the changes to take affect permanently.

In the advanced section of the ribbon, the supply planning drop down kicks of a batch job which automatically saves the output but you need to reopen or refresh the workbook to see the outcome of the plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam ,

System : SETEST

PA : E2E1

Please find the below details to reproduce the issue .

Open the consensus demand planning view ,

Please alter the consensus demand qty by adding some quantities in Consensus demand override key figure. Please alter values only for April , May & June 2016

Now save the data & execute in unconstrained mode.

Now go to Supply plan view & execute in unconstrained mode

Now please check the data from April to May 2016 .

Save the changes. Now you could see that receipts at the DC for every item from April to May 2016 2016 are all almost double the Loc Total Demand.

Now go to Capacity Planning view & execute data in unconstrained Planning mode .

Please check the Capacity utilization percentage from April to June 2016 for AME assembly.

After Hitting Save:

Notice how April, May and June all increase production significantly…occurs across all resources.

Please note that this issue is occurring only for April, May & June.

Thanks & Regards ,

Pradeep K C

adam_peanna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, I see what you mean now. It is unusual that after running and saving a simultation that the values changes. My guess is the results are not being saved and the refreshing when saving is just the esisting values which are already in the DB.

You will notice that you are planning in the 'accelerated' version and maybe this has not been configured correctly as i have changed to the base version and don't find the same problem.

Give this a go and let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam ,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs .

We have upgraded SE system to higher version and our dev team found some incorrect records in the table. they have cleared those records . Now we are not facing any issue in the accelerated version as well .

Thanks & Regards ,

Pradeep K C

adam_peanna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great to hear, please update this item from not answered to resolved/answered.

Answers (0)