Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel work in project structure

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

I have such situation:

I have 2 users, one is PM working in project structrure in PS and the second is Logistic user creating Purchase Orders (PO) from Purchase Requisition (PR).

What is the case:

PM is working in project structure and he creates many PR from activities. He all the time is in the edition mode in CJ20n,

During working of PM, Logistic user needs create PO from PR which have been created in project structure. But when PM is in edition mode in CJ20n any PR can't be processed in MM because of system Lock.

Do you know any idea how these 2 users can work in parallel mode one can change the structure, adding new activities, and in the same time MM user can create new PO from PR created in project where PM is working?

Regards

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adam,

SAP has its own limitation and restriction which are sometimes necessary too for control.  SAP is real time system that is why this the situation which you getting arises. SAP has does have a common data base and tables . At the same time two entries cant pass for the same control point. That's why one user can work in edit mode at a time. I will suggest the below solution :

1- Use PENCIL in project builder. let the PM keep open the project builder .once he needs to make any changes to any object then project must be enabled through pencil and save it by intermediate save button . once changes done then again through pencil the project builder can be disabled.

2- Open the specific WBS only rather the entire project structure.

This problem / situation can not be resolved only can be managed.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

This is no way possible, as this will affect the Table updates and change records.

One option i can suggest is, PM guy should open the particular WBS element/Network in CJ20N, so the other user can change for other wbs/network.

Regards

Terence