cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW 3.5 -> 7.0 and bex query with large list of value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am doing some migration activities from SAP BW 3.5 to release 7.0 and, in particular, the change of front-end tools.

Some users used an old tool (BeX Browser) that it is no longer maintained. This tool can support the launch of a report filtering a very large list of values (over 20.000 / 30.000 elements). The performances of this tool are very good (few seconds to manage large lists).

I tried to do the same with BeX Analyzer (launch a bex query, insert a large list of values in the prompt) and via web and it crashes (java error). I tried to do the same with Excel Analyzer and, after a lot of time, result is retrieved. I don't understand if it is a limitation of those new tools or it can be solved with a proper configuration.

Someone already faced this issue?

Thanks a lot for the support!

L

PS: I already posted this discussion (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3789274) and the suggestion was to move the discussion here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a limitation regarding the number of values that a variable screen can have in Java web.

Please check below SAP note which talk about such limitation.

1521831 - Pasting too many values in input text field for variable

Also Bex analyzer is not a tool to handle very large amount of data and in your case as you are putting huge number of values in variable screen itself which gives you performance issues.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)