Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExecuteNonQuery: CommandText property has not been initialized

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPC 10.0.16.0 / SQL2012

Hi all

When we try to import data in the DM we get the following error message. It looks like data has been processed but in fact no data is uploaded

Anyone able to assist?

Br Alan

==============[System Error Tracing]============== [System  Name] : DM [Message Type] : ErrorMessage [Job Name]     : DumpLoad.RunDumpLoad [DateTime]     : 11/25/2015 11:25:51 [UserId]       : [Exception]     DetailMsg  : {System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery: CommandText property has not been initialized    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async)    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    at OSoft.Services.Platform.SysAdminDataBaseDM.SQLDataHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String sQuery)    at OSoft.Services.Platform.SysAdminDataBaseDM.DataSwitch.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType commandType, String sQuery)    at OSoft.Services.Application.DataMgr.Task.Main.DataBaseNonCom.ExecuteNonQuery(String sQuery)    at OSoft.Services.Application.DataMgr.Task.Main.DumpLoad.ImportIntoCube(Boolean bToFac2)    at OSoft.Services.Application.DataMgr.Task.Main.DumpLoad.RunDumpLoad(String& strQuickImportStatus)} ==============[System Error Tracing  End ]==============

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message would indicate an error with the SQL connection. It's a rather large amount of data you are trying to load so I would check the package works with less records and then increase the number of records until you get the failure. How long does it take to load? Maybe there is a timeout error somewhere in between the application server and the SQL Server.

Also check the SQL Server log for errors at the Windows Application and System logs on the application server as it may give you additional clues.

I have seen similar errors occurring while running DM packages when a SQL server backup was performed at the same time.

See also 

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2228401

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1664093

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

The package runs for about 10 mins before failing. I have tried it with only 2 records in the file and it also fails after a few minutes with the same error message.

Strange thing is that the import works ok in other models within the same environment in the same database / server configuration. The error is specific to this one model.

I have also successfully processed all the dimensions in the model and successfully fully optimized the model itself.

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan

Please go ahead and open an incident with SAP support.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

We processed the cube for that particular model and afterwards the import worked ok so problem solved (albeit without explanation of cause)

Br Alan

Answers (0)