cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Our client using the EHP3 and our requirement is Track the campaign response. We are executing the Email campaign to different target group of customer and client wants to know how many people are opened the Email. We are using the mail forms with the content of Images & Attachments. As per CRM standard we can track the response by using “Tacking URL”. But our mail form is not having the URLS. How can we track the campaign response without tracking URL? Thanks, Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Everything you mentioned is how we would do it with any other product but not specifically SAP CRM.

I tried to see how I could add the generation of a MIG and URLGUID to an image URL and it didn't work.

I have been unsuccessful using just the standard functionality without doing any custom development for the same.

Can you please advise if you have the steps to achieve the same using SAP CRM? It would be great if you share your experience on this requirement as I am still surprised that a lof of customers are struggling to implement this and SAP has no standard information besides URL clicks tracking.

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

The solution provided by Markus is not a standard out of the box feature from SAP.

You do need to apply custom code to make this.

I had the same requirement at another client and was provided with exactly the same work around solution. Unfortunately I was not there to see it implemented but it is possible to be done with SAP CRM,

Follow the guidance from Markus and you. should be able to achieve the desired result

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden,

Thanks for getting back to me and I already knew it would require custom development but was just seeing if anyone had succeeded in the standard.

I tried out the same function on Hybris Marketing yesterday and it works out of the box. It also works as part of the Campaign Automation Scenario. Both these functionalities don't work in SAP CRM would require a good amount of development.

I am not sure why SAP is creating 2 classes amongst its Marketing customers.

There has been no improvement to the Campaigns process in CRM for the last few years and with the direction to build on Hybris Marketing as the new strategy I don't think it will change anytime soon.

CRM Marketing and Campaigns is dead unless you want to do your own development for using basic functionality.

Thanks

Ankur

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I don't know any SAP Standard way on how to track mails without using links, but usually this is achieved by inserting a 1x1px blank image into the mail body which can be tracked by a server request.

Therefore, if the client is opening/downloading the mail, the image is sending a download request (ususally identified by a UID) to the server, which then can be interpreted and stored.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus, Please let me know more inputs on Server Request What are the steps we need to maintain and how the system will track while the client opening/downloading the mail? Thanks, Sri