Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot generation for specific objects from maintenance plan

syed_yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario, maintenance plan contains several objects (for ex. functional locations) in the objects list of maintenance item. I know that system can generate one call object (work order with inspection lot) for reference object and objects in the objects list. But the requirement is the inspection lot generated along with the work order should contain specific objects only, not all the objects mentioned in ref object of header and objects in the objects list.

Is there any user exist or BADI needs to be implemented or configuration changes to be done for the above requirement? Thank you.

Regards,

PM Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a specific logic of selection for these objects ?

If I understand correctly, you want the work order to be generated for a subset of objects listed in the maintenance plan item. Is that right ?

Regards,

Ayoub.

syed_yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Yes, there is a logic behind the selection of objects (functional locations) from the maintenance item and this is based on ABC indicator of functional locations.

No, the work order can be generated for all the objects in the maintenance item, but inspection lot should contain only functional locations which contain ABC indicator A.

Regards,

PM Consultant

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you already know the specific conditions against which inspection lot should be created, so you can try using the below enhancement -

QPL10001 - QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

or, QAAT0001 - Inspection type determination different from variant 01 (This might not be the right one in your case)

Also you should check the below User Exits for the above enhancement -

a) EXIT_SAPLQPL1_002

b) EXIT_SAPLQPL1_002

c) EXIT_SAPLQPL1_005 => This should be the right one but please check with your ABAP team.

Please can you check and confirm if it's working for you.

Thanks,

Arijit

syed_yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

I checked with abaper but above solution did not work, we run in debugg mode and able to get the desired result.

Regards,

SAP PM

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for informing that in debug mode your issue was resolved. But for a better understanding for others using these SCN threads as a start point, please can you confirm what was the root cause for this issue and how did you got it fixed in debug mode. Next time, then this input will help a new audience. I believe you can't always run in debug mode and hence there should be a solution across the issue you were talking about. So it's very important to share the right feedback.

As your issue is now resolved, please close this discussion by clicking "Assumed Answer", so that this is not spammed.

Thanks,

Arijit

syed_yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

In debug mode, the inspection points (functional locations) were deleted manually, and we tried the above user exits /enhancements as well, but its not working.

Can anyone suggest the solution?

Regards,

PM Consultant

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there may be something else also in your development, which is still not coming out of the analysis. If Functional Location is getting deleted itself, then how is the inspection lot generated? Are we missing something? Are we using inspection lots for equipment's? What is the configuration for inspection type 14 creation? Please can you suggest all open inputs, so that someone form the forum can help you.

Thanks,

Arijit 

syed_yousuf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In debug mode, we deleted some functional locations manually which are not required for results recording and kept the remaining functional locations for results recording.

We did not change the config for inspection type 14. We dont consider equipment for inspection lots.

The requirement is system should fetch the functional locations which have ABC indicator A from the maintenance item (or maintenance order that has been created from the plan), if the ABC indicator is not A (for ex., B or C) then these FLs should not come in the inspection lot.

Can anyone tell me to get this done?

Regards,

PM Consultant