cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Assembly doesn't work anymore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Helpers,

I need some help! I try to set up an auto - assembly process.

Therefore I've activated at "Site Maintenance" the activity hook "auto assy components", I've setted up some components with entry "Data collect on assembly= NONE". After I've released a shop order, the AS-Build Summary Report hasn't shown auto assembled components.. okay, so my first thought was to complete the Operation where the auto assy Material is assigned to, but also after completing, no quantity or component was shown.

I thought maybe it is because of missing permissions for the site, so what I tried was to assign a Activity Group to the "auto assembly component" and I also setted up permissions to some User groups, but this wasn't helpful.

I also tried to put an activity hook "auto assy components" on its operations, also doesn't work.

Do you have some ideas where the problem is located? The Version of ME is 15.0.3.18

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Best Regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

Using the exact same version here, this hook works OK at operation level.

Did you "enable" the hook? It's easy to forget to do that. If it's on the site level, it should be on the POST_ORDER_RELEASE hook point - it will consume as soon as the order is released.

In your BOM definition, is the component assigned to an assembly operation too? If not, it won't assemble. Is the assembly data type overridden at BOM component level, by accident?

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I've checked all the points which are relevant again and again, but it doesn't work..

BR,

Marco

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So, if you execute the Assembly Point plugin in the POD, does ME request you to assemble these components (but with no assembly data) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute the Assembly point plugin in the POD, the assembly process is working fine and it runs with assembly data inside the AS-Build Report. But there was no special ME request for Assembly Data while assembly.

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In activity maintenance, retrieve the AUTOASSY_COMPONENT hook activity and tell me the contents of the class/program field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is: com.sap.me.production.AutoAssembleComponentsHK

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have any exceptions in your NW log when you release the order?

If you have General Trace turned on via manufacturing-admin, you should see an entry like:

"in AutoAssembleComponentsHK.execute with inData...."

especially if you hook the activity on the operation (at PRE_START) and start the SFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh the log viewer is showing 4 error messages after shop release. May this is a topic for a developer?

Here they are -FYI-:

1.Error executing Job [name=QueueMessageCleaner,description=QueueMessageCleaner,filePath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/MessagePurging/MessageCleaner,enabled=true,state=SCHEDULED,nextruntime=Thu Nov 26 10:14:00 UTC 2015,cronTime=0 * * * * *,workerClassName=com.sap.xmii.scheduler.XacuteWorker,parameters={filepath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/MessagePurging/MessageCleaner, transaction=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/MessagePurging/MessageCleaner, runAsUsername=MESYS, logLevel=ERROR, persistence=ONERROR, messageRetentionPeriod=24},created=2015-01-08 15:14:03.057,createdBy=MESYS,modified=null,modifiedBy= ,fileId=612]

2:Error executing Job [name=MessageEnqueuer,description=MessageEnqueuer,filePath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/SAPMEMessageEnqueuer/SAPMEMessageEnqueuingDispatcher,enabled=true,state=SCHEDULED,nextruntime=Thu Nov 26 10:14:00 UTC 2015,cronTime=0 * * * * *,workerClassName=com.sap.xmii.scheduler.XacuteWorker,parameters={filepath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/SAPMEMessageEnqueuer/SAPMEMessageEnqueuingDispatcher, transaction=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/SAPMEMessageEnqueuer/SAPMEMessageEnqueuingDispatcher, runAsUsername=MESYS, logLevel=ERROR, persistence=ONERROR, numberOfMessages=200, deleteAfterQueuing=true},created=2015-01-08 15:14:01.48,createdBy=MESYS,modified=null,modifiedBy= ,fileId=615]

3:Error executing Job [name=InboundMessageEnqueuer,description=InboundMessageEnqueuer,filePath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/InboundEnqueuer/InboundEnqueuer,enabled=true,state=SCHEDULED,nextruntime=Thu Nov 26 10:14:00 UTC 2015,cronTime=0 * * * * *,workerClassName=com.sap.xmii.scheduler.XacuteWorker,parameters={filepath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/InboundEnqueuer/InboundEnqueuer, transaction=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/InboundEnqueuer/InboundEnqueuer, runAsUsername=MESYS, logLevel=ERROR, persistence=ONERROR, numberOfMessages=200, serverName=XMIIIDOC01, deleteAfterEnqueuing=true, messageName=*},created=2015-01-08 15:14:04.513,createdBy=MESYS,modified=null,modifiedBy= ,fileId=606]

4:Error executing Job [name=MessageDispatcher,description=MessageDispatcher,filePath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/frame/dispatchers/simpleDispatcher/SimpleMessageDispatcher,enabled=true,state=SCHEDULED,nextruntime=Thu Nov 26 10:14:00 UTC 2015,cronTime=0 * * * * *,workerClassName=com.sap.xmii.scheduler.XacuteWorker,parameters={filepath=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/frame/dispatchers/simpleDispatcher/SimpleMessageDispatcher, transaction=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/frame/dispatchers/simpleDispatcher/SimpleMessageDispatcher, runAsUsername=MESYS, logLevel=ERROR, persistence=ONERROR, numberOfMessages=50},created=2015-01-08 15:14:00.09,createdBy=MESYS,modified=null,modifiedBy= ,fileId=658]

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

These are the MII jobs for MEINT, so nothing to do with your problem.

Hook the auto assemble at the operation, and check the log for the time you start the SFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, after I've activated a assy_Comp hook as prestart on the operation, the system is assembling those assy components.. Strange I've tried as pre complete and it wasn't working.. Okay I think this should solve the problem. Im a litlle bit confused why it's working now... But it works 🙂  Thx for your help!! 

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

The hook can only be used at specific hook points - Auto Assemble Component - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

• PRE_START
  • PRE_COMPLETE
  • POST_ORDER_RELEASE

PRE_COMPLETE should have worked for you.

Regards,

Konstantin

Answers (0)