Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XS job stuck in scheduled status

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have 3 single host HANA servers running XS jobs via XS Admin console.  Rev 82.  Now I'm scheduling jobs on my BW HANA servers (Rev 85) and development was fine (single host) but in staging the job when I activate it the status changes to SCHEDULED but the next day when I check it did not run it just stays in SCHEDULED status.  I've a specific user setup to run all jobs and this user has all the same exact roles/privileges in each system.  Scheduler is enabled in configuration on all servers.  I'm stumped why this will not run.  The ONLY difference I can find is that this is the first server I've tried this on that is a distributed system with multiple hosts.  From documentation I can see that my XS job can only run on one host.  When I goto ADMIN CONSOLE and look at services I see two hosts running xsengine service.  I've tried XS Admin console URL for both of these services and I get the same result on both.  Will not run and no errors nor messages in Diagnosis files that I can see.  I also try monitoring system during the scheduled start time of the job and definitely do not see it running.  Any ideas?  I've seen bugs in SPS8 where a job gets stuck in RUNNING status if the server gets shutdown during the runtime however this never even begins to run.  Just to test it wasn't similar issue I created a second xsjob file and same result.  Stuck in SCHEDULED status.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restarted XSEngine seemed to resolve the problem.

-Patrick

Answers (0)