cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up the user permission in production of BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with our SAP basis on the DS user and group setup things. We have three person work in the prod, get the latest version from Central Repo(we only have one central repo, which is shared by DEV, QA, PROD), run or schedule the job. Those people should only run the job, they'are not supposed to modify the job in the local repo of PROD. Based on those, what kind of permission we should setup in PROD?  Both of myself and the SAP basis is new to DS project, so please give us some hints. Thanks!

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can users go to PROD and run the job? That is not recommended, only admin has the rights to do it. Also you don't need to schedule the jobs from designer. You can schedule it from management console. Now if you want the create rights -

Go to CMC > Create groups > Assign appropriate rights to groups > add users to it.

Right click groups > add security > Assign security (you also have advanced rights)

Check this for more details - http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbods42/en/ds_42_admin_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply. If the users don't have the access to designer, how the job migrate from Central Repo to Prod?  I know users can schedule it from the management console. But before that, how the objects moved to prod? Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Migration to prod is taken care by the administrator. In your scenario if user wants to migrate, add him to the DS designer user groups in CMC and provide appropriate rights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already put the user in the DS designer user groups. However, I found in order to make this user 'Get the latest version' of object from the central to local repo of Prod, I must assign the DS designer has full control in the central repo. Otherwise, he could not able to read the central to get the copy of object.  In our case, the user just need to copy it to local, and then schedule the running from management console. But I don't know how to stop him running from the local after he migrated the job.Thanks for your patience and help!

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only do so by splitting roles:

1. Role #1 is responsible for transport. That user/group needs access to Designer and full R/W access to both central and lcoal  repository.
  2. Role #2 is responsible for scheduling, needs privileges in DS Management Console only. You can use the standard Data Services Operator group here.