cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find table/view BKPF in schema SYSTEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am creating a calculation view with a code reading from the table BKPF, however, when I try to activate it, I get the following message: "Could not find table/view BKPF in schema SYSTEM".

Do you have any idea of how to solve it?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

It would seem as though you are connected as user SYSTEM when doing this. BKPF will belong to the SAP<SID> schema.

I'm not a developer but I would imagine that you have to explicitly state the SCHEMA of the object you are working against.

I'm sure the more development oriented persons here will sort you out in the bat of an eyelid.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes just to add to Amerjit's comments;

1) It seems you are logged in as SYSTEM user when creating this view.  Since SYSTEM user is essentially a super user it is not meant to be used for creating views.

2) You should use another user ID to create your view.  This ID will need MODELER access

3) When you create your calculation view you are selecting from some schema.  For example if your SQL is something like;

select * from "MSEG"

This may work in the view because you have listed a default schema for the view I'm assuming.  Better to preface the schema name something like this if your default schema was named ECCSCHEMA for example;

select * from "ECCSCHEMA"."MSEG"

Also again I don't recommend using SYSTEM schema but another thing to look at is when you activate your view probably _SYS_REPO does not have access to whatever schema your calculation view is using.  So most likely run something like this in SQL console;

GRANT SELECT ON <YOURSCHEMA> TO "_SYS_REPO" with GRANT OPTION

This will probably fix your issue but remember you should create this view with some other user besides SYSTEM.

Hope this helps. 

-Patrick