cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine different settlement receivers for different sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are having a problem regarding project settlement. The client has grouping G/L accounts in the P&L for costs and revenues of each business sector as follows:

Revenues:

-     Subcontracting Revenues

-     Fabrication Revenues

-     Medical Equipping Revenues

Expenses

-     Subcontracting Cost

-     Fabrication Cost

-     Medical Equipping Cost

Each sector is leading a project based business. Costs are incurred and revenues are earned via many different G/L accounts and cost elements which are directly posted to the project.

At the end of each period, revenues of all the projects in each sector must be posted to the relevant revenue account. Also costs of all the projects in each sector must be posted to the relevant expense account. This is to be done via project settlement but I can't seem to make the correct configuration to tell the system--> "For assignment "Cost", the settlement receiver is G/L (abc) & for assignment "Revenue", the settlement receiver is G/L (xyz)"

The assignment "Cost" has a cost element group which carries all the primary and secondary cost elements.

The assignment "Revenue" has a cost element group which carries all the primary revenue elements.

I tried to see if I can determine a certain "Assignment" or "Source" to each settlement rule in the project, but the option was not available.

can you please help me figure out the correct configuration to make this business case happen?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed,

Just define the Source structure accordingly to your groups of original cost elements and assign it within settlement profile.

Next in the settlement rule you will see the additional field for the Source.

Here is my example for you with two Sources ZP1 and ZP2:

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Paulo, you answer worked perfectly.

However, another problem came up right after I solved this one and I might need your help on this one too. The problem is in this discussion.

Thanks ^^

Answers (0)