Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW31 - Screen Exits or User Exits for tabs

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have a requirement which I need your valuable inputs.  In IW31 (only on IW31) I need to populate one of the custom field (which is also mandatory) under the Additional Data tab. I have achieved this using WORKORDER_UPDATE BADI BEFOR_UPDATE, all good!. To derive the value for that custom field the users had to enter couple of fields on the Header tab. Initially when I design this, the requirement was the users don't go to the Additional Data tab, so life is easy , I populated the values on BADI all good .. But the requirement changed a bit, while create they have to go to the Additonal Data tab to enter WBS element. Since the custom field is also on the same tab, it won't let the users to move out of the tab unless they enter the value..

So here's my question.

- Is it possible to make this custom field Invisible on IW31 ( config or Screen exits)?

- Is there any other exits I can make use of , once the users leave the Header tab , call the exit to populate the Additional data tab before they go into that tab?

- Any other alternatives?

Sincerely appreciate your time and assistance.

Thank you,

Justin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

First, I need to know how the Custom field was arranged in the Additional Data tab (using which screen-exit/BAdi). Because so far I knew the method of having custom fields through user-exit IWO10019 only with which these fields are populated in an exclusive tab called Enhancement. Also please tell how that field has been made mandatory? Please give the screen-shot of Additional data tab also showing this custom field and also mention the field name of the custom filed in your reply.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JogeswaraRao,

Thank you so much for responding. I checked with the business , seems like it was done by SAP Custom Development team (core mod).

Thank you,

Justin

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please mention the Field name of ABM Activity like CAUFVD-XYZ ?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether this field is available in the list of spro tcode OIAN. If it is there then it must be in Req. setting. You have two options here.

• Change the setting to Input . This removes the mandatory.
  • Opt for Hide setting which hides this field from the Add.data screen.

You need to do it in 200DEV client and transport the request to the target clients. See this picture I have given for example.(Showing the field for WBS element for example)

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JogeswaraRao,

I checked in that transaction. That custom field (ZZABM, which is in CAUFVD) is not there as configurable field ..

Justin.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

• By now you might have understood that the issue is complex due to non-availability of the Zfield information. What I mean to say is, it will be possible to hide the field through the PBO module, if the custom screen is known to you. That was for your first query of the initial post.
  • For second query I have a very complex imagination in which there is a custom screen having fields of your AddlData tab which will trigger at the moment user clicks on any other tab. This trigger part is to be achieved through implicit enhancement in program SAPLCOIH at proper point.
  • For any other alternative, solution is felt, by managing to remove the mandatory setting of this ZZ field. This can be done easily if you find the screen. But I doubt, it is through custom screen. This might be through some BAdi again. We need to find that BAdi and there itself we need to search for our solutions like Removing mandatory OR making it invisible.

Perhaps I am not of much help in this context .

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (0)