cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to configure a shared printer in my ERP . This printer is not a network printer. It is connected directly to a regular computer in my network

It's actually shared and I even added "EVERYONE" in security tab with full permision

The path for the printer is \\172.16.190.56\hp1102

I configure a device in spad in this way

HOST PRINTER: \\172.16.190.56\hp1102

destination host : \\172.16.190.56\

host spool access method: U

device type: HPLJ5

spool server: <ERP SERVER>_<SID>_00

But when I save the printer I get this message Unable to reach the remote host spool system

Printer is online, I am able to print from my computer but from ERP is not possible

SP02 shows "F5" status

any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Could you please clear doubts mentioned below...

Is the sap server (OS) and the printer in same network? If not than they both have to be in same network or should be able to reach each other.

Or is it you wish to print to the printer that is connected to your desktop?

Regards,

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

SAP Server and printer are in the same network (ping from server to pc with shared printer it's ok)

the printer is connected to a regular pc, printer is network shared

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I think you can achieve the printing in 2 ways.

1. In SPAD define a local pritner with G access method and host printer as __DEFAULT. Now set the printer as default in control panel for your PC or the PC's in the same network.

2. In SPAD define a the printer with access method S/U and JUST mention the IP address excluding '\\' i.e. 172.16.190.56 instead of \\172.16.190.56\

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

You can use the SAP access S method to configure the printer in your ERP system.From this every can share the printouts

Kindly follow the steps

1. On Printer connected computer, Install the SAPSPrint service. Kindly refer the SCN link

2. Logon to ERP system using the transaction code SPAD you can create the SAP output device using access S method. Refer the SAP link

Setting Up Remote Printing for Microsoft Windows PCs - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN) - SAP Library

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

G method is not posible for us because print order are being sent from a handheld

So HOST PRINTER: \\172.16.190.56\hp1102 is ok?

and destination host should be 172.16.190.56 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured host printer like \\172.16.190.56\hp1102

and destination host like 172.16.190.56 but I'm getting this

Access method is S, printer is visible for the server (even I installed it double clicking on it )

do I need additional configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SAPSprint service and it's running over port 515 where do I configure this port on spad?

I configured host printer like \\172.16.190.56\hp1102 and destination host like 172.16.190.56 is this ok?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Refer the SCN thread

Regards

SS