cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear current month and prior month data using DM package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me with the following requirement.

We need to clear the data for current month and prior month data before loading data to BPC model.As we know we already have Clear package where we can run to clear the data but this should be automated and include in our package link and schedule it so that the user should run the entire package link ( should not go manually to clear the data every time)

for example:

I need to load the data for two months but before that I need to clear the model for this two months ie.., current month and last month and then load the data to the model.

can you please give me the possible approach to clear the data and automate it.

Appreciate your help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a start or end routine to be used in your transformation file, in the routine you set everything to 0, then the data load will override those 0 if there are new values.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Can you please guide me in Detail ,

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you do a full load using /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI.

From BW you can control the data to be loaded for this month and previous month using flags in the time dimension.

So your data load from BW would always be for 2 months.

Check for performance of data load

Thanks

Ed.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to automatically get current month member id into some variable to use in the script. User has to select it manually or some property has to be set in the TIME dimension to differentiate current month. It's easy to calculate previous month if you have current.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Can we make it through BADI? and pass the parameters thru logic script?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First - how you select months for BW load?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, answer this question!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We are directly loading delta from BW to BPC and in this process we need to clear the data in the model for the data that is read in the BW cube and load it.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What package are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We use load info provider UI to load from BW to BPC.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are talking about /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI? It's not delta load...

How do you select months for /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI?

Show some screenshots!

Please provide detailed info, it takes time to ask you about details...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We have delta cube in BW which updates the latest request and we load the Request to BPC which needs /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI.

but if you use /CPMB/LOAD_DELTA_INFOPROV_UI it will give the latest data that is loaded in BW cube.

Here we are loading the data through /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI. and sometimes it is failing and the data is not updated in BPC and for this purpose we need to clear the data in the cube and load the data manually.

Our requirement is to automate the clear and load the data.

can you please help

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you select the time scope? Same question...

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The time dimension in BW  and BPC need to have this property like "load flag" and it need to be updated as a month end admin job. it can have "Y" for December and November

Then you can select this property in the DM package.

a thought

Ed.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not "automated"

And I am not sure the topic author want to perform this process every month...

If it's required to select 2 months - then another solution can be implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

its not for regular process but this package should be included in new package link(as automated) so that when ever there is data inconsistency the user will run this package link so as to clear and load the data.

can you please let me know the solution so  that we can see if it is applicable.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What has to be entered by user???

Do you understand me?

Looks like not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Here the user should not enter any values.

he just need to run the package to clear the data for current month and last month.

Here are few Ideas of which I thought.

1) to use the logic script

2) To use the BADI

3) to use routines in Transformation file

Do you have any idea

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For clearing data - not an issue!

But how will you set months for /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not setting the months here,we are directly loading data from BW to BPC that we can take care

our concern is to automate the data clear in model

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"we are directly loading data from BW" - how? First you are talking about /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI, then directly loading? What do you have in the package link?

Can you CLEARLY explain what you are doing?

Looks like a waste of time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

We can take care of the load by our regular process and need not worry about it.

our requirement is to clear the data in the cube before load and this clear should be automated do you have any idea of clearing the data in model as an automated process.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I will not help without full understanding what are you doing! Try yourself!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Please let me know on which areas you didn't understand I can walk you through.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already asked you... How you will load data after clearing 2 months! Full details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

1)This load can me manually done my set selections in Package in case of two months (Current and Prior)

2) but if we have the solution for the data that is reading from BW cube and before writing to BPC model it should clear the data and load(for data inconsistency)  will also be helpful.

Thanks.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. There is no reason to automatically clear data for current and previous months and then manually select the same months to load data.

2. If you manually select 2 months for /CPMB/LOAD_INFOPROV_UI then you can use routine badi referenced in the transformation file to clear data in the BPC cube before the BW data upload:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50c39fa1-6f95-2d10-2a95-b594de8e1...

Look on IT_PACKAGE_PARAS for this badi to get months...

Vadim