Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDJ Upgrade Issue

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have migrated WDJ Project (NWDS 7.31) and i am able to resolve most of Java Code related errors, but I am have below issues with this.

I got below errors on IPrivate<View>.java file (Generated for View)

[javac] ERROR: C:\xxx\NWDS 7.3\eclipse.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t\C2962756EA328949771F07D958ED502E\gen_wdp\packages\com\xxx\ncdot\wp\wdj\wp5\wdp\IPrivateXXX.java:611: package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter does not exist

[javac] ERROR:     public com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableColumnSortDirectionAdapter getSortDirection() {

We do not have NWDI environment, how do i add external jars to WDJ Project. I have added to Java Build Path - Libraries, but it is giving me build time errors (At the time of Building), but no compilation errors (in the NWDS).

In the View Editor, I am getting 'Script Errors' popup all the time, it is annoying. is there any view not to show Script Error popup all the time?

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the this example code for add external lib files into the existing WD-JAVA DC's . It may be useful External JAR Files in Web Dynpro DC in SAP NW Portal 7.3 and Example 2

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TableColumnSortDirectionAdapter getSortDirection() {

ANS:

That last error may indicate that your model is not in sync with your backend RFC. Try if re-importing your model may solve this issue

Still issue is solved. please re start the portal server. it should be work.

Kindly let me know if you need any more information

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

I still have WDJ Errors. Re-importing model did not help.

I do not see any build errors but generated class for View has errors. (\wdj\wp5\wdp\IPrivateMyTable.java:611).

Error

package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter does not exist

NWDS Version 7.3 and Java Version 1.6.0_45 and SAP Server 7.4.

Thanks,

Sri

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Without NWDI environment, how can i add external jars to the project directly? Java Build Path is not recognizing when i am building the project.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can i add external jars to the project directly?

if you add directly external jars files under project build path. while build and deploying the application some time jar files will be removed from project build path. this is not correct approach.

correct approach is :

Create external lib files dc application with public part with out NWDI

add same public part into the another WD-JAVA DC application. refer this example code External JAR Files in Web Dynpro DC in SAP NW Portal 7.3

Did you clear the cache after re-import the bapi/rfc.?

Did you restart the portal server after you made the changes.?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195676
Participant
0 Kudos

Some reason Adding external jars is not working without NWDI, but the jars i am looking found in SAP Delivered content.

[javac] ERROR: C:\xxx\NWDS 7.3\eclipse.jdi\LocalDevelopment\t\C2962756EA328949771F07D958ED502E\gen_wdp\packages\com\xxx\ncdot\wp\wdj\wp5\wdp\IPrivateXXX.java:611:package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter does not exist

Error is with TableSorter context variable, after migration it was bound with the above class and i changed to correct one and it started working fine.

Thanks,

Sri