cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX query not working after support pack upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last to last week (ww/yyyy - 46/2015) we applied the next BW support pack, we moved from support pack 8 to support pack 16 (Netweaver 7.31).

Since then bex query (inventory aging report) is showing wrong results.

Not sure if it is related to post upgrade activities as we did not perform any pre or post activities for BEX as a part of upgrade.

Do I need to follow any post activity before I run BEX reports?

Regards,

pat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

Can you please check whether you have this issue coming when you execute the report in BW backend in transaction RSRT directly.

Or do you get this issue when you execute report in Java web or do you get the issue in both modes of execution.

Also you can regenerate the query in RSRT transaction using the button "Generate Report" and then test the issue again.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for the reply.

We do not have Java web version and due to limitations of excel, we always run query in RSRT, convert into csv file and then download.

I tried 'generate query' option in RSRT , but no help.

Below is some more information about query, what is going wrong and my findings so far:

Information:

Its inventory aging report. We convert the current stock into the receipt qty spread over the weeks (in which they were received).

We have two week increment buckets and last bucket is >63 weeks. Bucket/week calculation goes backwards from the current week (assuming report is run for current week).

Example - if report is run for week 45/2015, then bucket 1 is 45/2015 to 44/2015, bucket 2 is 43/2015 to 42/2015 and so on.

Below are some of my findings so far:  what happened after upgrade -

The last bucket is >63 weeks. We had maintained this bucket calculation as week 64 to week 552. that means system used to go 552 weeks back to calculate bucket >63.

Example - If we run the report for week 45/2015, system used to calculate the weeks backward upto 552 weeks ( this way last week 552 falls in year 2005, say it is week 30/2005) and this always worked before.

Important thing to note that week 552 does not exist in the system/cube. This is just for dynamic calculation purpose. In our system the last week in the cube is 34/2012 (upto this, weeks are available in F4 help on query selection field).  So, week 30/2005 is not available in cube or in F4 help on selection screen of query.

And this was working for calculation of bucket >63.

After upgrade:

If I run the query for 45/2015, I get the error invalid input variable. What I found is-

System now does not go backward beyond 34/2012 which is last week in cube. So, I changed the logic to calculate bucket >63. Calculation for bucket >63 is now from week 64 to week 167 ( week 167 corresponds to week 34/2012). In short I changed the last week from 552 to 167 for calculation purpose.

This worked. Now I don't get the 'Invalid input variable' error.

But then when I execute the query, it gives me wrong results.

Thing is it doesn't matter when I run the query, but if I run it for a past week at any given point of time, it used to give same results. Example - if I run the query for week 30/2015 couple of weeks back and then today, it will give me same results.

We have query results stored for previous weeks before upgrade (we store these every week), now if I run query for any past week, it gives me wrong results.

This is my issue and I am really not sure how to tackle it.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pat.