Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 costing variants for a single company code

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In one of my company code, there are 2 different plants 1001 and 1002. 1001 is using valuation stategy as "Valuation as per Tax price 1" where as 1002 using "Valuation using moving average price".

My requirement is I don't want to include both the strategy in a single costing variant. Since  1001 is the main plant and the line of business is different than 1002 and they don't want to change the strategy.

If I go for another costing variant system wont allow to release cost estimate using different costing estimate.

Even I had created ZAB1/AB1 costing/valuation variant for 1001 plant and ZAB2/AB2 Valuation variant for 1002. And also assigned Valuation variant / plant for 1002.

Even I had tried with transfer control in the ZAB1 costing variant. But system is not picking prices as per moving average price for 1002 plant when I use costing variant ZAB1.

Please help how can I achieve this with using single costing variants.

Regards

Bhaskar Basam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member222105
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar,

you can do it by using Valuation Variant. Create two valuation variants and assign the relevant valuation variant to plants. The strategy of sequence for price determination can be maintained in valuation variant.

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

I had tried the same. But system is not picking the values from moving average price and showing error when I run cost estimate using costing variant ZAB1

Regards

Bhaskar

former_member222105
Active Participant
0 Kudos

May i know the Error. What error is populated

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

You create one costing variant and 2 valuation variant for plant 1001 and 1002 and assign accordingly.

Then remove old valuation variant from each plant level and save..then again assign new valuation variant at plant level and save the assignment.

kamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhasker

You should use single costing variant across the company code. Your requirement can be fulfilled by using two valuation variant as already suggested by Ismail and Mr. Kamal.

You say that whiclr using two valuation variant you are getting some error. What is the error you are facing? Kindly share with us the detail screen shot of error.

Regards

Rajneesh

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had created 2 valuation variant AB1 and AB2 for both the plants and assigned AB1 to ABC1, then run the cost estimate for plant 1002 using costing variant ABC1. I'm getting error "No price could be determined for material/plant/batch".

former_member222105
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What sequence you have maintained in Valuation Variant in the Material Tab. Kindly check whether atleast one price exist for the material as per your sequence in valuation variant.

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

System is not finding any price for this material as per strategy defined in your valuation variant.

Rajneesh

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

As I mentioned in my first comment, I have created 2 valuation variants -

1) AB1 with "Valuation price according to Tax price 1"

2) AB2 with "Valuation price according to price control in material master"

I have assigned AB2 to this plant.

Also this material has price in the material master. So as per the setting, system should pick the prices from the material master, but system throwing the same error.

Regards

Bhaskar

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this an inhouse manufactured material or bought out material.

Also it would be appriciated if you post your val variant screen and costing 1 and 2 tab of your  mat master .

Rajneesh

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm running cost estimate for material CROPKATRINA in plant F8FP and this has component CROPTEST. I'm using costing variant ZPC1 which was created for plant 1001 which I have assigned valuation variant Z01 - Valuation as per tax price 1.

I had created another valuation variant Z04 for plant F8FP to fetch the valuation as per price control in material master and also assigned this to valuation/plant setting.

Since there are 2 different plants under same company code and plant 1 user doesn't not want to include this valuation strategy under his valuation variant, hence I have created another valuation variant.

Please find the screen shots....

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So I could understand that  this is a component which is manufactured in house, since price control is 'S'. Am I right or wrong?

If right, Whether you have defined a BOM and routing for this material.

If yes, in your test system, kindly delete the cost of Rs. 150/- using CKR1 and try to cost the header material again.

Rajneesh

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This material is not costed using BOM and material. Please see the screen shot of costing 2 tab. The price is maintained manually while creating the material master.

Bhaskar

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

Tick "Do not cost" tab costing view 1

kamal

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

If I tick "Do not Cost" then it will not cost the material.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

You are not estimating cost in CK11n/CK40n only manually updating so nothing will happen but if you not ticked it system will expect cost estimation and released ...

Kamal

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is resolved.

Thanks

Bhaskar Basam

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

Pl close the thread by marking correct answer so that other can know the solution...

kamal