cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP channel in error eventhough server accessible by Filezilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is simple passthrough like FTP to FTP where PI server need to pick up the xls files from my local PC. I enabled FTP in my PC and installed Filezilla & also I am able to access the specific folder by Filezilla using the user but PI channel is in error while monitoring with logs :" Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "xxxxxxx": java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Host unreachable (port 21 to address ::ffff:xxxxx)." Pls help me reg troubleshooting. 

Rgds,Nithin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I need the below details to be configured on receiver channel:

SFTP[test] host, port, timeout[ms], username, password, Path, Public key of the partner.

-Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not something specific to project work but my own scenario. Can I get free server that supports SFTP protocol with RW access?

Thnx,Nithin.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Please try this link

https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-integration-samples/tree/master/basic/sftp

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

Thanks for response, but I require SFTP server details only for my own experiments. I searched internet for SFTP servers available for testing. Can you help to get any?

Thanks,Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

haha, you can get help from your basis, unix OS have this service, open it will ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean the test SFTP server details & credentials with read-write permission to a folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

like the ftp, only have "server fingerprint" addition, you can using Winscp to conncect sftp, then will get the server's finggerprint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,Experts,

Can you help me with any test SFTP server details for posting some test data from PI server?

Also public certificate of that test server available online?

Thanks in advance,Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

> it means there are some restrictions while reaching from PI to FTP server <

Can you pls elucidate on the above statement?

Hi Vila,

>Are you using a local IP in the test?

I do not have server level access to PI sever level but basis people pinged my local PC IP from PI server level.

>have you redirect the ftp connections in your router?

You mean in my local PC? I have enabled FTP in my PC, provided access to a folder . As I told you I can access the same folder via same user by FileZilla but not by PI channel[server].

-Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,Vila,

Thanks for your reply.

@Experts: Still I am facing error, the below screen shot is of when tried to ping my desktop IP xx.xxx.xx.xx from PI Linux server with IP yy.yyy.yy.yy it says host unreachable.

In above snippet yy.yyy.yy.yy is PI server and xx.xxx.xx.xx is my local desktop IP.

But via Filezilla I could access the same xx.xxx.xx.xx through FTP user but why not through PI server.

Channel still persists with the above error.

Thanks,Nithin.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Are you using a local IP in the test?, have you redirect the ftp connections in your router?

Regards.

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For better insights into the problem, try doing telnet instead of simple ping from the PI server i.e.

telnet target_ip port. E.g. telnet you_ftp_ip 21(ftp port). If the telnet is not successful, it means there are some restrictions while reaching from PI to FTP server.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Your experiment proves that there might be firewall between PI server and Linux server. Get in touch with network team to bypass the firewall .

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you for your response again!
My local desktop is in client location,Can you pls let me know to bypass the firewall which network team should I contact either PI server/local desktop server team.

Thanks, Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

In addition to the above question I have one more doubt like Basis guy just shared me one NFS for PI & ECC, Can I ask for access to that folder with Filezilla to place files manually/check whether the file posted?

Thanks,Nithin.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Pls contact network team of client network and provide them all details of source server.

Regards

Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Try this folder as source folder instead of your PC. This will resolve the firewall issue , I hope.

Regards

Anupam

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

This error surfaces when an error occurred while attempting to connect a socket to a remote address and port. Typically, the remote host cannot be reached because of an intervening firewall, or if an intermediate router is down. You may be able to access the server using fileZila using same username and password, but PI server might be having firewall issues. Please get in touch with Network team.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for the input. Actually no dedicated team for network, but what should I instruct the network team to resolve the issue. One more question if all I place some file in PI Linux local server itself instead of my PC what steps should be followed for PI server to pick up the file by NFS protocol?

Thnx,Nithin.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Check out with Basis team if they know the Network team.

If you get in touch with Network team provide them the target server details, the parameters you are using to connect to the server and error message you are getting. Ask them if there is a firewall enabled.

If you are able to log in to PI server directory using filezila and put files in some directory. The PI server should be able top pick up the file by polling.  The file you write should have read permission for owner, group and other category of user.

Regards

Anupam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

PI Linux local server itself instead of my PC what steps should be followed for PI server to pick up the file by NFS protocol?

There is not appreciable differences with the ftp option. You only need to set the path in PI, the file name (you can use wildcards), the quality of service EO orEOIO and the proccesing mode (For more information Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library). You only need to decide if your file is a plain file with certain structure for XML conversion or not with file content conversion tab. Check this example: XI/PI: Configuration using Integration Directory

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your reply.

-Nithin.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

You are strongly welcome. Hope your issue resolves ASAP.

Regards

Anupam