cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cost planning from sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use sales orders to build up the project cost plan?

Our current setup uses networks with components for cost planning. We use project delivery to ship out these components from stock. Unfortunately this method has a lot of limitations (ATP check doesn't read project deliveries, so you can deliver the same material several times, no schedule lines,  no scheduling program to schedule project components based on availability and other orders in the system, not possible to add materials to an existing delivery etc.)

So we're looking at the alternative of using sales orders, linked to the WBS for delivering goods. However, I don't see an option to automatically have the cost of a sales order as planned cost on the WBS. So it seems when you use sales orders, you are obliged to do overall cost planning separately?

Thanks for your feedback!

Leen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leen,

I think as pre-requisite you will need to activate Sales orders as CO objects in the CO Area settings.

In the OPSV settings in PS module I do not see any order category that rings me any bell for SD (maybe except for 70), but that might be specific to my system.

Sometime talking to SAP Development directly can provide a straight answer.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

We have sales orders active in our CO area settings. But indeed in OPSV there is no option to select sales order as order category.

I have searched for more info on this several times before, but don't really find what I need.

How do I contact SAP development directly?

thanks for your help!

Leen

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leen,

Just using a normal channel that is OSS message and having a good dialog

Some OSS messages may exist that are not visible for general public, but are within "consulting" category.  Developers are people who know SAP best and sometime can answer questions that Support consultants are not so sure about.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (0)