cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver file content conversion parameters to handle dynamic lenth for last field

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is file to file. While generating receiver file, I need to add Carriage return and Line feed at the end for each row. I achieved this requirement with out any issues. But now my requirement is, I need to add Carriage return and Line feed followed by last field actual data. But last field data varies in lenths for one row to another row. For example, assume I have maintained last filed lenth as 20. If I receive actual data for the last filed as 7 then CR and LF should be added at 8th position. If I receive actual data for the last field as13 then CR and LF should be added at 14 th position. Is ther any FCC parameters to achieve this? Please help us.

Best Regards,

Ashok. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

If you don't find any way with FCC, with a linux command is easy to do it bash - How to add a newline to the end of a file? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

Regards.

former_member460664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Thanks for your quick response. My requirement is to handle dynamic lenth for last filed. For example, let us assume In my configuration I have maintained fixed lenth for last field is 20. But each time I am receiving actual data for the field is vary (less than 20). I have to maintain CR and LF immediately after the actual data. How to maintain this?

Best Regards,

Ashok.