Did you mean: 

Screen Layout at Document Level / GR/IR checkbox

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Hope you will help me deal with topics described below:

Prerequisite:

Z Purchase order with reference to outline agreement.

Account assignment category is blank.

Item category standard.

Used material type with QTY update activated.

1. GR indicator is set, display only.

In standard item category GR and IR marked as changeable. It's true for IR (i can change it if screen layout for this field set as OPTIONAL).

But GR checkbox is still display only.

GR checkbox changeability is not depend on item category as i see. But IR is depend.

Questions:

1. How can be that GR checkbox is not controllable via item category but IR yes?

2. How i can control this field? Make it changeable if account assigmen category is not used?

2. How screen layout at document level for document type works?

For example there is a purchase order type ZPO, for this type field key ZNPO is used, why? As i got it from sap help it's should be ZPOF but it's not working.

Thank you in advance guys!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is completely dependent on assignment of your field selection key to the P.O document type.What is the Release status of your P.O ?

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

This is the point!

Even if set GR/IR indicator to optional, GR checkbox is unchangeable, but IR is totally depends on item category: if in item category IR is firm - it will be unchangeable, even on layout is set as optional.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can you post screenshot of po document type with layout and you rlayout screen pls?

Pardhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without account assignment you post to warehouse stock, what sense would then a removal of a GR indicator make?

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I agree with you that there is no sence got GR indicator unticked when post to stock.

But i need to understand logic. Why IR is controllable via item category but GR is not?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

because you can order free of charge, no matter if you ordered to stock or account assigned, and for free of charge no invoice receipt is needed.

But doing an order for stock without allowing a goods receipt is so far off any logic that it is not foreseen in the programs. How did you get this idea?

former_member237609
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen.

Sorry but i still can't understand.

How GR checkbox is controlling? Which settings is related if item category and account assignment category is blank?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just accept it that you cannot control the GR indicator  in case of a blank item and account assignment category.

It is standard design and it does not make any sense for a inventory managed material to not update stocks

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not use any account assignment category, then it is controlled via item category.

You can check it from IMG OLME-Define External Representation of Item Categories

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear conrad,

It's a standard design and u can't change it

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example there is a purchase order type ZPO, for this type field key ZNPO is used, why?

Different  purchase order types are created for business to differentiate between different procurement process.

For example:

Purchase order types-----Procurement process

ZNPO-------------------------- Material Procurement

ZPO----------------------------Emergyncy Material Procurement

ZSPO--------------------------Service Material Procurement

ZAPO---------------------------Asset Material Procurement

ZIMP----------------------------Import  Procurement

As i got it from sap help it's should be ZPOF but it's not working.

Field Selection Keys ZNPO and ZPOF are customized one. The standard Field Selection Keys  are available and assigned to standard PO document type.

Standard PO document type-------------Standard Field Selection Key

NB-------------------------------------------------------------NBF

FO--------------------------------------------------------------FOF

UB--------------------------------------------------------------UBF

Field Selection Key generally used to define Screen Layout at Document Level with following options possible:-

Must be maintained

Can be maintained

Hidden

Displayed only

Regards,

Biju K