cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic value 'xxxx ' of characteristic 0MAT_PLANT is not MATN1 -converted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are having a data load Issue from Data source 2LIS_02_SCL to Purchasing Cube. This is a 3.x flow but we are in BW 7.3 SP 10 (SAPKW73011).

we never had this Issue before but now a days we are having "Characteristic value 'xxxx ' of characteristic 0MAT_PLANT is not MATN1 -converted "

0Mat_Plant is not used in Transfer & Update rule but there are Abap code @ start Routine & Field level Routine but that is not the cause of this Issue.

Important Thing is when we have Blank Materials for couple of plants then only it fails but the surprising this is couple of Plants having Blank Materials are passing successfully through Info Package.

Pls help on This .. This is something we are struggling to Understand & resolve.

thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Pls suggest any thoughts on this.

Regards

Prakash Tomar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Any help on this Issue would be really Appreciated .

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the real problem,

0MAT_PLANT - is the combination of Material and plant

Now  if there is a blank material getting inserted then the load is getting failed.

Make sure you don't load any blank materials. For this recent issue check at the source level especially in MARA  and MARC table if there are specified entries.

Functionally you must have blank materials!!! When you have blank materials  how will you raise a PR and then make them as po!!!

May be this must be some master data load issue, check with the functional guys

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think problem is with 0MAT_PLANT master data issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did Rsrv test to check for 0mat_plant Master data Issue,

it failed on 2 steps which are below.

1) Characters not allowed in characteristic values (characteristic 0MAT_PLANT) : there are couple of records with incorrect format.

2)

Check values of characteristic 0MAT_PLANT for conversion exit    : There are 23 values with the wrong internal format in the SID table

what next ?? any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

since you are facing this issue recently, then i am hoping the conversion routine : MATN1 is already active in 0mat_plant?

we never had this Issue before but now a days we are having "Characteristic value 'xxxx ' of characteristic 0MAT_PLANT is not MATN1 -converted "

does the characteristic value 'XXX' is maintained in master data for specific plant? I mean does this value updated in 0mat_plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

Yes Mat Plant having that Conversion routine active in IO level of 0MAT_Plant.

Also in Transfer structure we have maintained that same conversion routine since long back.

Couple of new values are maintained manually to eliminate this Issue but it haven't resolved this Problem, this was done in dev box to test is maintaining  failing values can resolve that Issue.

former_member220624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW 7.3 seems to have a more stringent check on conversion exits than pervious version. To fix this issue, use CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT. In please checkt the, the conversion exit on the source field in the datasource and the conversion exit on 0MAT_PLANT. You can the add something like below code to your transformation and reload data, it will resolve the issue:

call function 'CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT'

exporting

input = SOURCE_FIELDS-<your_source_field>

importing

output = RESULT.

Please try and let us know if this works.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for your Input. I should have been more clear here ...

we have conversion routine "MATN1" on IO 0MAT_PLANT & 0Material.

Also as this is a 3.x flow we load data from IP to Cube, Under Transfer rule ( Data Source/ Transfer Structure Tab) Conversion routine is there for Material that is MATn1.

Plant Material Attribute of 0MAT_PLANT having 0Material Values mapped in Transformation of length 18. which is correct & same as 0mat_plant length.

Also this Matn1 uses function Module 'CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_INPUT' in our case.

Now should I use above FM CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_OUTPUT & place it in Transfer rule for Material & try as a Routine field level.

Last Imp thing is we have Po quantity calculation for Blank values based on

Mat Unit IO Table & Mat Plant IO Table, but when U debug that load this isn't failing due to any code in Update rule.

Pls let me know if anything else required to Understand the root cause.