SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional VAT as quantity based calculations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

There is requirement of VAT rate increase by Rs 1/ Litre . This is over and above the present VAT ( Petrol) which is 31%.

I have maintained new condition type with Calculation Type " C" ( Quantity) , Cond Catg " D" and Cond class as " D" and assigned it to the pricing procedure. But system is giving error of entering Currency  while maintaining condition Record for the new condition type  . So When I am changing Cond class as "A" system is allowing me to record the condition but its calculating based on quantity  . and moreover the new Vat Amount is adding up in Net and not in to Tax .

My question is how to achieve Additional Vat amount to be added  to Tax and not to Net price.

Appreciate your Reply at the earliest .

Thanks

Sagar

SAP SD CONSULTANT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

May i know how is the material set up, as this is petrol it the basic measurement unit will be in liters so the percentage the increase in the vat percentage will automatically calculate the correct amount.

Is this a new condition record, or there was condition record for petrol . if it was there just go to condition record of vat and increase the amount (vk11) .

If this is not the scenario please give the more information , why do you want to create a new condition type or you could have copied old condition record and made changes.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

May i know how is the material set up, as this is petrol it the basic measurement unit will be in liters so the percentage the increase in the vat percentage will automatically calculate the correct amount.

Is this a new condition record, or there was condition record for petrol . if it was there just go to condition record of vat and increase the amount (vk11) .

If this is not the scenario please give the more information , why do you want to create a new condition type or you could have copied old condition record and made changes.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriraj,

Thanks for your quick Reply !!!

But how can we maintain both percentage and Quantity with same condition Type .

I have already mention its a additional Vat calculation on Quantity Basis( Rs 1/Ltr)

Thanks

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Ok i got it, so how was the vat  calculated before , it will on the price right.

please give me some more information how do you want to calculate the tax.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriraj,

The vat Amount was calculated as percentage Basis Now the new Vat has to be calculated based on Quantity Basis i.e Rs 1 /KL .

Regards

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

Any suggestion .

Thanks

Sagar

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Is this issue solved  or not please reply.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue not yet solved , please advice.

Thanks

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

You can create one pricing condition for the extra vat on liters, with that create a  pricing requirement which will be only active if the product is petrol or any kind that the extra tax should be added. so that create pricing condition will only apply find these kind of material come into picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sagar i am testing the scenario my self actually i am not clear how do you take the tax originally.

about new tax should you only consider the new tax or you should take the previous tax and the new one.

0 Kudos

Hi Sriraj,

Thanks sriraj,  I have already created new condition with add. Vat  & tested it is not added to the tax amount. Instead  added in net value. I have already taken the new tax value with the  quantity(C) not % . so , please suggest.

Thanks

Sagar Pattnaik