cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning of RM and FG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have question below-

SNC is used for Supplier collaboration. Supplier may be providing the raw material and the finished goods too.

Now at the higher level how do we use SNC in both the cases? Meaning to collaborate the supplier where he is providing the RM and where he is proving the finished goods.

Is there any specific scenarios are there in SNC to accommodate both type of supplier’s RM and FG.

Thanks

Ritu Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

Can you detail the scenario a bit. Is the supplier an RM supplier as well as a subcontractor who makes FG out of materials received by the customer. If you can expand the scenario with some screenshots would be great .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Anindya.

I mean if I have 10 suppliers that supplies only RM to us. And If I have 10 Suppliers that supplies only FG us how could we differentiate between them in SNC.

If I have to set up a collaboration platform how could we onboard them to SNC.

Thanks,

Ritu Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

SNC does not divert material types during the collaboration scenarios.

In your example, you mention about different purchasing documents (PO or SA) with different type of materials. This will not cause any issue for SNC Supplier Collaboration.

If you are trying to ask contract manufacturing which can be used via SNC then i will suggest you to read below SNC Help area:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_snc700_ehp02/helpdata/en/49/d2ad03085742f1e10000000a42189d/content.htm?f...

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Selim

Thanks for your inputs.

I have one more sub question out of it was how do we consider to onboard the supplier’s in POC and in Replenishment collaboration.

Is that type of material we source from suppliers or the how supplier is suitable to use above scenarios?

Basically we are doing a POC for the large scale company where we have different types of vendors and sourcing all kind of materials.

Thanks,

Ritu Anand

former_member194108
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Though I am not able to understand the exact requirement, I have some observations:

1. You have both RM & FG Suppliers.

2. Both Suppliers are different.

3. You want to use PO Collaboration Scenario for both.

If you can provide me more information on the scenario, I can help you out.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma

former_member1013
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritu,

The decision to on-board the suppliers taken upon the current businesses scenario's and suitable solution available with SAP. As said in the above post the FG process can be configured with contract manufacturing. Plus

We can select the PO process for vendors who have supplies type A materials and Replenishment process can be used for type B materials supplier vendors.

But I still feel this selection of on-boarding suppliers to the scenarios is solely depend upon the current procurement process and the decision of Business IT.

Hope this will guide you to solve your question.

Thanks.

Answers (0)